Monday, August 29, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: School Freebie

Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

So when I think of school, I think of books.  So I decided to select some books on my TBR with books on the cover:

So, after some thinking, I decided to go another route.  While attending school, I hated history.  I could not wait to leave it behind after we were allowed to choose our subjects.

But, over the years I have discovered some historical fiction writers, who really has provided me with a strong entertaining story, while I learn about the past.  So here is my top ten  eleven Historical fiction novels:


1.  The Mark of the King



2.  Chateau of Secrets



3.  The Reluctant Duchess


4.  When Twilight Breaks



5.  My Heart Remembers



6.  No Other Will Do



7.  Secrets She Kept


8.  The Wood's Edge



9.  Saving Mrs. Roosevelt



10.  Chasing Shadows



11.  The Silent Governess




21 comments:

  1. I love it when an author makes history more approachable and easier to understand.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/10-of-my-favorite-young-adult-books/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe history teachers should just let students read historical fiction! I have learned way more about history reading fiction than I did in school. Terrific list Sarita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Historical fiction can capture attention better than a textbook can!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Wendy! I even learned a few things about South Africa recently via two books I've read :-)

      Delete
  3. That's cool that you hated history in school but have come to love historical fiction. Text books are pretty boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Totally avoided historical fiction due to school for so long.

      Delete
  4. I've not read any of these, but I'm glad you came to find a love of history through historical fiction!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/30/top-ten-tuesday-383/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these but I love a good historical novel (I also hated history in school) so I'll be checking these out. Did you guys all notice how many historical books show the back of a woman walking away? I'm tired of that look - come up with something else!!! But, sheesh, there are so many new-to-me books this week; my TBR is popping its seams!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/ttt-set-in-school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I didn't realise about the covers until you said it. Walking away...or maybe walking towards something new.

      Delete
  6. Love your take on this week's TTT! That first cover is so striking! And Witemeyer's books are always fun. I'm going to have to check all of these books out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Historical fiction is a fantastic way to learn about historical events.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like a good historical fiction. These look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only read a few of these, will have to look the others up. I also went Rogue this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you try and enjoy the ones you have not read yet

      Delete
  10. I haven't read her entire backlist, but anything I read by Sarah is a great read. I've also heard Lynn writes great books and I think YEARS ago I did read some by her that were really good. Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland on this week. Apologies it took me this long to visit here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a few books still to get to from Sarah and so far I've enjoyed what I've read by Lynn.

      Delete

Book Spotlight Friday! The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple

Book Beginnings and Friday56 Book Beginnings  is a weekly meme hosted by   Rose City Reader  that asks you to share the first sentence (or s...