Thursday, August 18, 2022

Book Spotlight Fridays! The Last Way Home

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.  First Line Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading is my Superpower that asks you to share the first sentence of the book you're reading.

This story is set on PEI and apart from the great setting, the story about past mistakes, family reunion and new beginnings is just as good.


The Last Way Home






About the book:

"A disgraced former NHL player and a local artist are thrown together when her pottery studio burns to the ground on the day he returns to Prince Edward Island. But as they work together to rebuild, their secrets will come out, putting even their hearts on the line"

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

Eli Ross had a black eye, a fractured wrist, and nothing else to his name.

Friday 56

Eli had forgotten how beautiful the island was, how green and lush and utterly peaceful.

My thoughts so far

Still a lot to the story I need to discover, but so far I'm enjoying it.

*************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued! Especially as it's set on PEI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be on PEI in about a month! Both of those quotes are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great opener! I instantly want to know more! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a good summer read. I love the quotes.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/19/friday-56-the-christie-affair-by-nina-de-gramont/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I participate in this meme I am struck by how many books and authors exist. I haven't heard of most of them. Sigh. This week I gave quotes from four books, so I deviated from the standard

    ReplyDelete

Book Spotlight Friday! The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple

Book Beginnings and Friday56 Book Beginnings  is a weekly meme hosted by   Rose City Reader  that asks you to share the first sentence (or s...