Thursday, July 29, 2021

Book Spotlight Fridays! Set in Stone and Love and a little white lie

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

This is probably my top 1 series for 2021 - I loved the 4th book who will be released August 10.  Also scroll down for a lighter read option...



Set in Stone






About the book:

Rembrandt Stone is on the case of a serial killer. But when the killer finds him first, he puts the one person Rembrandt loves in his cross hairs. Now, Rembrandt must outwit time to save the people he loves.

The continuing adventures of Rembrandt Stone from the creative minds of James L. Rubart, Susan May Warren and newcomer David Curtis Warren, writing as DAVID JAMES WARREN.


*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

What is happiness?  Is it a place? A time? A choice?

Friday 56

Don't beat yourself up, Inspector.  Just...find this guy.  Stop him.  And pray you don't need that watch ever again.

My thoughts so far

I am so invested in Rem's story, this series is so good and once the whole series is published, I might just listen to it back to back on audio.   Two months don't seem so long to wait for the next book, but it feels like forever!

*************************************************************

Love and a little white lie






About the book:

January Sanders grew up believing karma was more reliable than an imaginary higher power, but after suffering her worst heartbreak in 29 years, she's open to just about anything, including taking a temporary position at her aunt's church. Keeping her lack of faith a secret, January is determined to use her photographic memory to help Grace Community's overworked staff, all while scraping herself off rock bottom.

What she doesn't count on is meeting the church's handsome and charming guitarist, who not only is a strong believer, but has also dedicated his life to Christian music. It's a match set for disaster, and yet January has no ability to stay away, even if it means pretending to have faith in a God she doesn't believe in.

Only this time, keeping secrets isn't as easy as she thought it would be. Especially when she's constantly running into her aunt's landscape architect, who seems to know everything about her past and present sins and makes no apologies about pushing her to deal with feelings she'd rather keep buried.

Torn between two worlds incapable of coexisting, can January find the healing that's eluded her or will her resistance to the truth ruin any chance of happiness?


*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

I've face-planted myself into rock bottom.

Friday 56

I snort.  That word faith always seems to be their answer for everything they can't explain.

My thoughts so far

I'm only 35% and this is a new-to-me author, but enjoying this lighter read. 

*************************************************************

11 comments:

  1. I love that feeling when you find a series that just hooks you and makes you care about the characters no matter what. I also love the opening sentence for 'Love and a Little White Lie', a genuine laugh-out-loud sentence! I hope you enjoy both of these and have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Love and a Little White Lie sounds right up my street, I love those lines.
    Cora | https://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it. And it is on sale this week on Kindle!

      Delete
  3. I love a beginning sentence that just grabs you
    https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2021/07/book-beginnings-friday-july-30th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know that series at all! I will have to take a look.

    Lekker naweek Sarita!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sounds of both, but the second book hit home with me. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Your first book sound harrowing and very exciting. My Friday quotes and review

    ReplyDelete

Can't Wait Wednesday: Vanishing Legacy

Can't Wait Wednesday  is a weekly meme hosted by  Wishful Endings  that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that ...