Thursday, July 8, 2021

Book Spotlight Fridays! Monster by Frank Peretti

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

Have you read Frank Peretti?  This is my fourth book by him I'm reading, but still have a few on my TBR:


Monster





About the book:

Some monsters are real.


Miles away from the hectic city, Reed and Rebecca hike into the beautiful Northwester woods. They are surrounded by gorgeous mountains, waterfalls, and hundreds of acres of unspoiled wilderness.


During their first night camping, an unearthly wail pierces the calm of the forest. Then something emerges from the dense woods. Everything that follows is a blur to Reed—except the unforgettable image of a huge creature carrying his wife into the darkness.


Enter into deep wilderness where the rules of civilization no longer apply. A world where strange shadows lurk. Where creatures long attributed to overactive imaginations and nightmares are the hunters . . .and people are the hunted.


*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

The Hunter, rifle in his hands, dug in a heel and came to a sudden halt on the game trail, motionless, nearly invisible in a thicket of serviceberry and crowded pines.

Friday 56

Okay, Sing's gonna hand out photographs and detailed descriptions of the missing persons.  Give these papers a good looking over.

My thoughts so far

This is a paperback copy and I don't have that much time to sit and read paperbacks, but when I do make time I'm enjoying this creepy story and looking forward to where the author will take this reader. 

*************************************************************

17 comments:

  1. Ooh this definitely seems like a creepy read! That opening is so mysterious! I'm going to look into this one, definitely. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now very curious! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “KILL ALL YOUR DARLINGS”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it will be a page turner! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been curious about this book. It sounds like something I'd like. I read Peretti's novellas in the Harbingers series and really enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liking Peretti's stories. I still have to read that Harbingers series.

      Delete
  5. No, I haven't read anything by Frank Peretti, but Monster looks interesting. I like the quotes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good! I haven't read anything by Frank Peretti before. Sounds like maybe I should give his books a try though. I hope you enjoy this one! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frank Peretti now there is a blast from the past. Is this book about the end days before Christ comes? I think that is what he is famous for anyway. My Friday Quotes are here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that one is The Visitation. This one seems to be about bigfoot or something like it...

      Delete
  8. It's been so long since I've read this author. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a long list of older books of his still to get to.

      Delete
  9. My son and husband have read some by him, but I don't think that I have. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Can't Wait Wednesday: Vanishing Legacy

Can't Wait Wednesday  is a weekly meme hosted by  Wishful Endings  that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that ...