Monday, September 5, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved So Much I Had to Get a Copy for My Personal Library

 

Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I usually do not buy different versions of the same books, but the following was books I borrowed from the library or which I listened to in audio format, and wanted to buy a copy to lend out to friends or family:

1.  Redeeming Love

First borrowed this at the library, and was fast a favourite so had to buy a paperback.



2.  Sons of Blackbird Mountain

Listened to the audiobook and purchased the paperback to give to friends to read!



3.  In the Shadow of Croft Towers

Listened to the audiobook and purchased the paperback to give to friends to read!



4.  Beneath Copper Falls

Read this on kindle, but have the rest of the series in paperback, so bought the paperback to complete the series.



5.  Of Fire and Lions

Read this on kindle, but the cover is just too stunning to not own the paperback as well!



6.  Formula of Deception

I still have the kindle copy to read, but this cover screamed - buy the paperback.



7.  Things We Didn't Say

I downloaded a netgalley review copy, but this cover wanted me to buy it as well.



That is about it this time.  Most books I only have one version off, and that is 90% kindle.



19 comments:

  1. Great list. I don't know any of these books but they look interesting. Me too I read mostly ebooks. That's why when I love a book I usually by a physical copy second-hand or a special edition.
    Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-ebooks-i-loved-so-much-i-have-to-get-a-copy/
    Have a great week 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to read your paperback copies as well!

      Delete
  2. I also have a copy of Redeeming Love that I bought after I've read it a couple of years ago. Such a great book.

    Have a wonderful Tuesday Sarita!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great list! Book covers can be so tempting!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/popular-books-that-are-on-my-dnf-list/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed these so much you wanted your own copy!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/06/top-ten-tuesday-384/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some covers are just buy me now worthy! I have to say though that once I have read a story I don't feel it necessary to buy it in another format.

    Have a good week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/06/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-loved-so-much-i-had-to-get-a-copy-for-my-personal-library/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also usually only read a story once - I will only buy it if I really liked it and would like to lend my friends the copy to read.

      Delete
  6. It's my first time seeing these books!

    Hope you'll visit my Top Ten Tuesday list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to introduce new books to you. Will visit your TTT

      Delete
  7. I don't even know how I first learned about Redeeming Love but I'm definitely curious about it having such a big following. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some readers love it, others not, but I definitely think everyone should try it once.

      Delete
  8. I read and liked Joanne's, but haven't read anything by Amy yet. However I hear her books are fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read and enjoyed two of hers. I enjoy the mysteries.

      Delete
  9. Some covers just scream out to be bought, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! Since I never reread books and don't keep books I've read, I did a twist on the theme this week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/ttt-book-blogger-recommendations

    ReplyDelete

Book Spotlight Friday! The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple

Book Beginnings and Friday56 Book Beginnings  is a weekly meme hosted by   Rose City Reader  that asks you to share the first sentence (or s...