Thursday, September 22, 2022

Book Spotlight Fridays! Waiting For Spring

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.  First Line Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading is my Superpower that asks you to share the first sentence of the book you're reading.

I read the first book in this series years ago, and decided it is probably time to continue this series.


Waiting For Spring




About the book:

After the loss of her husband and the birth of her baby, Charlotte has had a long, hard year. But when a notorious robber believes she knows the location of a long-lost treasure, she flees to Cheyenne and opens a dressmaker's shop to lie low and make a living. When wealthy cattle baron and political hopeful Barrett Landry enters the shop to visit her best customer, Charlotte feels drawn to him.

If Barrett is to be a senator of the soon-to-be state of Wyoming, he must make a sensible match, and Miriam has all the right connections. Yet he can't shake the feeling that Charlotte holds the key to his heart and his future.

Soon the past comes to call, and Barrett's plans crumble around him. Will Charlotte and Barrett find the courage to look love in the face? Or will their fears blot out any chance for happiness?

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

It was only the wind.

Friday 56

Charlotte's worries had been for naught.  Mrs. Melnor hadn't batted an eyelash when she saw David but insisted on serving sugar cookies along with a pot of her famous hot chocolate.

My thoughts so far

I'm reading this one slowly, not because I don't like it, mainly because I am reading this one on my phone and not prioritising it above my kindle books.

                                    ************************************************************* 

22 comments:

  1. I really have a hard time reading books on my phone. I understand why you aren't prioritizing it. Good luck. My quotes come from THESE FEVERED DAYS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, kindle is softer on the eyes :-) and feels like a book.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an interesting book. I know what you mean about prioritising, just because I read other books first, doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it, just that I have deadlines to meet!!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/23/friday-56-witches-of-moonshyne-manor-by-bianca-marais/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all those new releases is distracting, but hard to say no too.

      Delete
  3. It does sound like the perfect in-between-read and those type of books are excellent to have on your phone where you can easily read on the go.

    Have a good weekend Sarita!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy catching up on the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds good. Now I want sugar cookies and hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got your sugar cookies and hot chocolate :-)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful cover!! I hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finishing up In the Shadow of a Queen by Heather B. Moore. It's a really good book!
    "The day had begun early with masses of people arriving at the Windsor Castle grounds. From [Louise's] window's viewpoint, the crowds extended as far as she could see."
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

  8. My first line is coming from Where Grace Appears by Heidi Chiavaroli.
    "The nature of secrets is that they long to be kept and long to be told all at the same time."https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2022/09/first-line-friday-where-grace-appears.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first line comes from As Secret as the Night by Danielle Grandinetti:
    December 6, 1933. Chicago
    Lucia Critelli lowered her head against the bitter wind that raced the cars down the city street.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good first line! I'm currently reading An Abduction Cold Case by Connie Queen and the first line is: "Kennedy Wells slammed on the brakes of her Mini Cooper as she looked out the driver’s-side window and squinted toward the dense woods." Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Book Spotlight Friday! The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple

Book Beginnings and Friday56 Book Beginnings  is a weekly meme hosted by   Rose City Reader  that asks you to share the first sentence (or s...