Monday, January 23, 2023

Top ten Tuesday: New-to-Me Authors I Discovered in 2022

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

New authors discovered is always difficult to limit to 10, especially when you have discovered many.  The following is authors I discovered in 2022.  I either read more than 1 book, gave 5 stars or placed them on my auto buy list for future publications.

1. Irma Joubert

I am a bit surprised with myself that I only first read her books in 2022.  She is an Afrikaans author living in South Africa.  A few of her books has been translated to English. I read three of her books in 2022:


2. Halle Bridgeman

Hallee Bridgeman has quite a few books published, but her military suspense series which released with Revell in 2022 caught my eye and I really enjoyed the series. Each book flowed differently, and the action and romance well written:



The following three authors I discovered through the Sunrise Media Publication group.  I love their vision where they help talented unpublished authors to find their feet in the publishing world, through creating stories in a well loved and published author's fictional world, with the added bonus of having said author as a mentor.  Lynette Eason mentored the following three authors through her Elite Guardian world.

3. Kate Angelo



4. Sami A Abrahams


5. Kelly Underwood


6. Katie Powner


I enjoyed the contemporary stories provided by this new to me author.  I enjoy her POV of older characters and then the added POV of a younger generation and how the two generations interacts and impacts each other.


7. Mary Alford


I loved her thrilling suspense and will watch out for any future publications in this genre.


8. Toni Shiloh


I enjoyed the way the character's faith was such in integral part of their journey.



9. Erin Bartels

Her story was strong and emotional and tackled some harder topics.



10. Bethany Turner


I enjoyed this lighter fun contemporary.




19 comments:

  1. Looks as though you discovered some great reads. I remember reading Bethany's first novel and thinking it was such a fun read! Someday I'll read her more recent release, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not only haven't read any of these books, I haven't heard of any of these authors. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you try some or find a few other great new authors in 2023!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these authors yet, only heard about Irma Gilbert.

    My TTT: https://laurieisreading.wordpress.com/2023/01/24/top-ten-tuesday-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all new to me authors!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/authors-i-first-read-in-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know any of these authors! But, they all sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I definitely want to read more of her works.

      Delete
  7. Great list! Toni Shiloh is on my list as well. Katie Powner made my list the year before :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not read any of these authors but glad to see you enjoyed their books!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/01/24/top-ten-tuesday-404/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not read any of these books, but they look good :)

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2023/01/24/top-ten-tuesday-new-to-me-authors-i-discovered-in-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not read any of these authors, but it seems like you have a nice variety! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Review: Fear Has a Name

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes My rating: 💛💛💛💛 This is a new to me author and I would recommend him to fa...