Monday, January 16, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Goals for 2023

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.




1. Buy less books - including downloading free ones! Try and limit to one a month...zero will be better. 😉

2. Review books - TRY to limit my monthly request to 3 a month - I love ARCs, but need to get to books I own!

3. Read 1 paperback every 2nd month - I would love to read one per month, but with time limits, 1 over 2 months seems more reasonable.

4. Read at least 1 kindle book per month I bought before 2023 - focus more on books I owned since 2018 and prior.

5. Read one backdated review book every second month - again, would love to manage 1 per month, but trying to be reasonable here.

6. Read each day, even if only for 10 minutes.

7. Keep my Netgalley at 80%.  This should help my focus to not request more than I can manage.

8. I love buddy reads, but I need to limit the amount I do each month - last year there it ran away from me!

9. Don't plan to much per month and too far ahead - leave room for my mood and be flexible.

10.  Have fun reading while trying to reach my goal of 150 books

        🎧 52 audiobooks

        📖 52 kindle books

        📕 6 paperbacks

        📚 rest kiddies and bible








19 comments:

  1. Reading some everyday, no matter how small a period of time, sounds like something I should try. Might help respark my enjoyment for reading. :) Hope your 2023 goals go well and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get your reading groove back in 2023! Thank you :-)

      Delete
  2. I started limiting the books I request through Netgalley as well. Last year I felt overwhelmed, and didn't read as many of the books I own as I had hoped. Best of luck achieving your goals this year!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/ten-more-anticipated-releases-january-june-2023/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with achieving your goals this year!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/01/17/top-ten-tuesday-403/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, especially read 10minutes each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to make it 30, but sometimes 10 is more manageable. :-)

      Delete
  5. I've been trying to make time to read every day too. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small goal to help knock down that huge TBR.

      Delete
  6. Great goals, Sarita! They do sound manageable. Good luck with all these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to read each day, as well. Good luck with your goals this year!

    My Top Ten Tuesday List

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah the ARC conundrum! I share it. I have been good so far (2 weeks!) and don't even open the new emails or check the site - I'm keeping my head down and reading what I have!!! Great set of goals - hope you have fun achieving them.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I was good until mid month with the ARCs!

      Delete
  9. Excellent goals. I particularly like the last one. Very important!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2023/01/19/top-ten-tuesday-on-thursday-bookish-goals-for-2023/

    ReplyDelete

Book Spotlight Friday! The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple

Book Beginnings and Friday56 Book Beginnings  is a weekly meme hosted by   Rose City Reader  that asks you to share the first sentence (or s...