Thursday, January 5, 2023

Book Spotlight Friday! Undercurrent of Secrets


Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.  First Line Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading is my Superpower that asks you to share the first sentence of the book you're reading.

I'm enjoying the Doors to the Past series.  If you are a fan of duel-time stories, you should take a look at this series.  I'm catching up on a book released early in the series - each book can be read as a stand alone.


Undercurrent of Secrets





About the book:

Two women, a century apart, are bound by a haunting secret aboard a legendary steamboat.

Walk through Doors to the Past via a new series of historical stories of romance and adventure.

As wedding coordinator for the 100-year-old steamboat The Belle of Louisville, Devyn Asbury takes pride in seeing others’ dreams come true, even though her engagement had sunk like a diamond ring to the bottom of the Ohio River. When the Belle becomes a finalist in the Timeless Wedding Venue contest, Devyn endeavors to secure the prestigious title with hopes to reclaim some of her professional dreams. What she hadn’t planned on was Chase Jones showing up with a mysterious photo from the 1920s.
 
A century earlier, Hattie Louis is as untamable as the rivers that raised her. As the adopted daughter of a steamboat captain, her duties range from the entertainment to cook. When strange incidents occur aboard the boat, Hattie’s determined to discover the truth. Even if that means getting under First Mate Jack Marshall’s handsome skin.
 

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

Some engagements end in happily ever afters, and some just end...on social media.

Friday 56

The Coast Guard intercepted a code about the Idlewild.

My thoughts so far

This is new to me author and so far I am enjoying the story.             


                                    ************************************************************* 

21 comments:

  1. The idea of the two timelines is quite clever. I like the similarities between the two characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished Rachel’s upcoming book In Spotlight and Shadows. Sooo good!

    My first line comes from the first chapter of The Mark if Zgrace by KimberleyWoodhouse:
    Monday, May 3, 1909 El Tovar Hotel, Grand Canyon
    Spoons clattered against pots. Steam sputtered out from under lids. The scent of fresh-baked bread and brewing coffee filled the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Spotlight and Shadows is hopefully an early Feb read for me :-)

      Delete
  3. Intriguing snippets and beautiful cover! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    I am finishing up The Rose and the Thistle by Laura Frantz, so I will share a line from there.
    "Davie is in the tower."
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the setting on a steamboat! I hope you enjoy this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so good. I'm terribly behind on this series, but have enjoyed the ones I have read. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also trying to catch up on ones I missed :-)

      Delete
  7. Hope you really enjoy it when it's done - I read something similar with a little less romance; 2 timelines, but I'll be darned if I can remember the title. If I do I'll come back and share....
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-8

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this one last year and really enjoyed it. All the Doors To the Past series I've read have been good and this one had some surprising twists. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd read this one! I do love a good dual-timeline story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed Undercurrents of Secrets! I'm currently reading The sisters of Sea View by Julie Klassen. The first line is: "April 1819. Sarah Summers carefully lifted the family heirloom, a warm mantle of nostalgia settling over her." Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Review: The Tehran Initiative

The Tehran Initiative by Joel C. Rosenberg My rating: 💛💛💛 This was another good political thriller. I enjoye...