Monday, October 25, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Series Read in 2021

 

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


I love reading series and always try to finish a few during the year.  I'm still busy with a few I should finish before the end of the year, but the following is probably some of the best series I've read this year:

1. The True Lies of Rembrandt Stone

I love this time travel series and want to listen to this series on audiobook next year!


2. The Patrick Bowers Files

This is one of the best thriller series I've read.


3. Danger Never Sleeps

Lynette Eason is one of my favourite suspense writers and this series did not dissapoint.



4. The Montana Marshall series

I loved this suspenseful and adventurous series about the Montana Marshall Siblings.



If you enjoy series about families in small towns, this one is calling your name.


This series was about true historical crimes in America.  I enjoyed learning about crimes I never knew about.



I loved this dual-time series.  The lessons learned by the past characters was real and hard and the legacy which they left for the generation in the present was strong and solid.

Murder, mysteries and small towns.

Before this year, I knew little to nothing about orphan trains, how they sometimes worked as intended, but most time left the orphans in more destitute circumstances.


A thrilling series, one I would recommend to read before the Patrick Bowers Files one mentioned in number 2 above.







18 comments:

  1. The Bowers Files seems like a series I will enjoy! I haven't been very good with series' this year, I think the only series I've actually read was Bridgerton. And not even the whole one. I might start with the next in The City of Ghosts series, I'll see how it goes.

    Enjoy your week and here's my Ten Pets you can get at Stephen King's Pet Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was a series reader, but I get so bored with them after awhile. Maybe I just havent found the right one yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love series. You should try the Patrick Bowers and Rembrandt Stone ones.

      Delete
  3. I like time travel as well. These looks like some pretty good series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rembrandt one is my favourite this year!

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of any of these books/series but An Awakened Heart and The Montana Marshall series look like they could be my cuppa! Will have to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love devouring a good series. There is no better bookish feeling, I don’t think. Great list!

    My list— https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/10/26/ttt-book-covers-that-were-scarier-than-the-book/
    Happy TTT!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. An Awakaned Heart sounds like something I'd like to read indeed.

    Happy reading!
    My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/top-ten-halloween-recommendations/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, tell me, how much romance is in the David James Warren series? I really think my son would love it, but he is NOT a huge romance fan. I love reading series but haven't read many in order this year. Here is my post for today: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/10/top-ten-tuesday-morbid-titles-on-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romance is very limited. The focus is on the time travel and the crimes. I think he would like it.

      Delete
  8. I enjoy reading series, but I rarely binge read them. I prefer to have a break between books.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/12-books-with-orange-covers-pick-a-color/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to do one book in a series in a month, but have binge read a few which was too good to wait!

      Delete
  9. I wish I could stay interested in series. I always start out loving them, but then I get bored and distracted by other books.

    ReplyDelete

Book Spotlight Friday! The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple

Book Beginnings and Friday56 Book Beginnings  is a weekly meme hosted by   Rose City Reader  that asks you to share the first sentence (or s...