Monday, October 4, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Pet Peeves

 

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Mmm, I don't really have a lot of Bookish Pet Peeves.  Yes, there is things I dislike or not prefer, but nothing that will really ruin my reading day.  But here is some:


1. When the synopsis is totally different from the story inside!

2.  Having to wait 6-12 months for the next book in the series.

3. When the characters described in the story is different from the models on the cover.

4. When in a suspense book, I identify the culprit and other plot twists within the first 20% of the story.

5. When the romance is predictable and the same - see you, fall in love, misunderstanding, break up, finally talk, get back together plot.

6. Reading series out of order.

7.  When someone interrupts my reading when I'm at a critical point in the story.

8.  When a review has a spoiler and no warning!

9.  When there is a lot of things left open-ended in the story and no follow up book is planned.

10. Not being able to read ALL THE TIME!




8 comments:

  1. I agree to ALL of these. I actually had someone post a review with a spoiler the other day and I saw it before I got to that part in the story. I was like, how did they not see that as a spoiler?! My link if you'd like to see my list: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/10/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-pet-peeves.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, rather say nothing if you are not sure!

      Delete
  2. People interrupting my reading is one of my biggest pet peeves!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/10/05/top-ten-tuesday-336/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! But with children had to accept interruptions during this season :-)

      Delete
  3. I love your last one!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/going-to-the-dogs-12-books-with-dogs-on-the-cover/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoilers without warning- yes! And that wait between books too haha- it disrupts my rhythm so much and by the time the next book comes half the time I forget to get it or it takes me forever to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot about that! That is why I mostly wait to start series until all books are published. But lately with ARC's I have to wait!

      Delete
  5. Number 4 is why I'm currently on a break from reading thriller / mystery books. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/my-middle-grade-book-recommendations/

    ReplyDelete

Review: When the Day Comes

When the Day Comes by Gabrielle Meyer My rating: 💛💛💛💛 4.5 stars When The Day Comes was a time travel novel...