Thursday, October 14, 2021

Author Discovery: Natalie Walters


So, I first got introduced to Natalie Walters when her first book, Living Lies, came up as Read Now on Netgalley.  To be 100% honest, I did enjoy her first book, but this new author had some big Romantic Suspense Names to live up to... Lynette Eason, Irene Hannon, Terri Blackstock, Colleen Coble and Susan May Warren, just to name a few favourites, so I added her name to follow, but at that point it was not a priority.


Lucky for me, I am OCD with series, so if I like a series I started, I definitely want to read all the books in the series, especially if it is in my favourite genre, Suspense.  So, then I picked up Deadly Deceit and this author went on my Next to Buy list, which is basically my priority book list when I have money to spend.


Why did this author won me over, to add to favourites among the big names I listed above?

💜  Her characters is real - they have their own issues and challenges they need to work through and it was easy to connect to them.

💜 The banter between her characters was fun!

💜 Her suspense kept me guessing and the twists and turns was not expected!

💜 This author seems down to earth and has time to personally connect with her readers.

So, hopefully I intrigued you enough to try Natalie's books, but if you need some additional motivation, keep on reading for some interview questions Natalie answered:

Author Questions

1. Tell us, in two sentences, about you.

 I’m married to my Army soldier who I affectionately call GIJOE and we have three adult children and a son-in-love. I love reading, writing, traveling, game nights, tea, and chocolate.

 

2. Who had the most influence in your life?

 I would say my Gigipa. He’s no longer alive but when he was, he taught me to value family, creating memories, not to sweat the big stuff, and what true, unconditional, and sacrificial love is.

 

3. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?

 Raising my kids. Being a parent isn’t easy and I’ve made plenty of mistakes along the way but I am incredibly proud of my children.

 

4. What is the biggest mistake you have made?

 Not actually realizing how fleeting time is and getting caught up in the to-do’s of life instead of enjoying more time being present with my kids. There’s that quote, “The days are long but the years are short.” It’s so true, so if I could go back in time, I’d leave the dishes, laundry, chores, and play with my kids more, hug them more, read to them more, be with them more.

 

5. What do you love about the characters you create?

I love creating fun characters with their own sense of humor and flaws that make them vulnerable and so real I want to hang out with them in real life.

 

6. Why do you enjoy writing?

 I think this goes back to why I love reading. I love being transported into a life that’s not my own. Experience new things through the words of a story and I love doing that in my writing too.

 

7. What genre do you enjoy reading?

 Romantic suspense and contemporary romance

 

8. Which authors is on your auto-buy list and give a short reason why.

 Joel C. Rosenburg, fast-paced political thrillers seemingly ripped from the headlines that make my heart pound.

Melissa Tagg, strong characters, swoony romance, fabulous cast of characters that literally make me wish they were real and I could visit them.

 

9. Why should readers read your books—what do you hope they learn from reading your stories?

 I want readers to have fun when they read my books; to meet authentic characters who find their way into reader’s hearts; to experience exciting suspense; and to finish the book believing that hope exists through Christ no matter the circumstances any of us face.

 

10. Which of your books would you recommend a reader to start with?

 Probably Living Lies since it’s my debut novel and the message within is personal and special to my family.

 Or the first book in my new SNAP Agency series, Lights Out, which I think is just a really exciting plot and great team of characters.

 

11. Anything else you want readers to know about you?

Hanging out with readers is my favorite! They can find me on social media but I love getting to meet up in person too. Depending on where I travel, I’ll announce my location and meet up with local readers for a cup of tea and to chat all things life and books!

 

12. Preference:

 Kindle/paperback/audio: Paperback

Coffee/tea: Tea (hot or cold)

Sweet/savory: Ooh, this is hard. Probably savory…but it depends on my mood!

Rain/sun: Both

Morning person/night owl: I’m definitely more productive in the morning but I love my sleep!

Favorite reading spot: In a comfy chair with a blanket and a cup of tea nearby. My family too, so long as they don’t interrupt me ;)

 


1 comment:

  1. What a fun interview! You always inspire me to be a better person and remember to always focus on what God is teaching us thru this book or challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Review: All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes Lib/E

All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes Lib/E by Betsy St. Amant My rating: 💛💛💛💛 Though I did feel like I have ...