Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Valentine’s Day/Love Freebie

 




 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Valentine's Day/Love Freebie

So this week's theme is sort of up my alley, but not really.  I love Romantic Suspense and Contemporary romance, but not those pure romance novels.  So trying to decide what my top ten would be had me changing my mind like every  other second.  So finally, I decided to highlight favourite books or series I would love to re-read sometime!





This one I've actually have reread a few time already.  This is not an easy book, but the representation of unconditional love is one that never get old!




I love this series! I would love to reread this and all 18 books after this one which is part of the greater Baxter series.  This series is filled with family love and support amidst the Baxter children finding their feet in the world, making lots of mistakes and learning from them.  John Baxter is probably the ultimate fictional father!




I loved this series! Apart from the suspense and action, I loved the family dynamic of this group of orphans who decided they are going to create their own family.  There is sibling banter and fights, but they do not hesitate to be there for each other and jump in to help!




O, this book broke me! But I loved it.  There was so much loss in this book, but also hope for a happily ever after!




LOVED THIS SERIES!  The suspense thread was awesome.  And I loved the friendship between the main characters.  It felt like one of those friends who is actually like family.

So each book in this series had its own awesome love story, but the love among the siblings was also so clear, even when there was disagreements and fights (yes, actual fist fights).


I just love family series (should be evident right now) and this one was another favourite where the suspense was great and the sibling love and support even greater!

This was such a beautiful story about parental love and how far parents would go to protect their child.

Oh, this book was filled with brokenness and trying to heal after mistakes.  But I loved the message of forgiveness and how that add to reconciliation and the ability to love yourself and your loved ones better.

This series was AWESOME.  I loved the family and how they stuck together in times of crises.  As well the community coming together.  Plus the twists and turns were crazy  and this was one of those series where the author did not give me the ending I wanted.

7 comments:

  1. Susan May Warren and Dani Pettrey are two of my favorites! I loved both of those series. Thanks for stopping by!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find time to reread all of these books soon.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-conversation-hearts-on-covers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! But there is also so many others I still have to read...

      Delete
  3. Ooh, lots for me to explore here! Have you ever read Debra Webb? She writes some great romantic suspense.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to reread my favorites, too! It's just so hard to find the time with all the new books out there. ;) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Weekend Wrap-Up: May 5th

    It’s Monday! What are you reading?   is hosted by  Book Date . We had a wonderful week of summer weather which meant lunch picnics at th...