Thursday, February 18, 2021

Book Spotlight Fridays! Obsession by Patricia Bradley

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

This week I'm spotlighting a book I'm currently reading:


Obsession



About the book:

Natchez Trace Ranger and historian Emma Winters hoped never to see Sam Ryker again after she broke off her engagement to him. But when shots are fired at her at a historical landmark just off the Natchez Trace, she's forced to work alongside Sam as the Natchez Trace law enforcement district ranger in the ensuing investigation. To complicate matters, Emma has acquired a delusional secret admirer who is determined to have her as his own. Sam is merely an obstruction, one which must be removed.

Sam knows that he has failed Emma in the past and he doesn't intend to let her down again. Especially since her life is on the line. As the threads of the investigation cross and tangle with their own personal history, Sam and Emma have a chance to discover the truth, not only about the victim but about what went wrong in their relationship.

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

The January warm spell had definitely ended in South Mississippi.

Friday 56 (actually 47%)

Emma would have asked him to take her to Jackson, he knew that, but she didn't want to cause people to whisper about them.

My thoughts so far

So far this book is exciting and I think I have sort of an idea of what is going on and who might be involved, but it is still very early and think I might be surprised.

15 comments:

  1. Oh this one sounds really good! Hope it is! Let us know and enjoy your weekend.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this author and suspense novels! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was really good. Still have the Cold Case series to get this - planned for this year.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a really interesting read! I feel like that first line applies to so many places across the US this week. xD Happy reading!

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the US was freezing! Was a good romantic suspense.

      Delete
  4. This one sounds intense, and I LOVE the cover. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE PARIS LIBRARY”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cover of "The Paris Library" is beautiful.

      Delete
  5. This sounds so good! I've been meaning to read the first book in this series for awhile. Hopefully I can get to it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the second one better. But both was really good!

      Delete
  6. I am glad to hear you are enjoying this one so far. I haven't tried anything by Patricia Bradley, but I do enjoy romantic suspense. I will have to look for this one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The suspense plot was quite good and the stalker creepy.

      Delete
  7. I like th sounds of it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me guess. They get together after they work together. Ha! My quotes from The Radium Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, probably. But luckily the focus was more on the suspense. Which is why I prefer Romantic suspense vs pure romance.

      Delete

Review: Flashpoint

Flashpoint by Susan May Warren My rating: ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’› I loved catching up with Emily Micah who I first met as a little gi...