Thursday, February 25, 2021

Book Spotlight Fridays! Wyatt by Susan May Warren

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

Oh, my current read is exciting and action packed!

Wyatt


About the book:

He’s lost her twice…he’s not going to lose her again...

NHL Hockey Goalie Wyatt Marshall has everything--fame, money and a thriving career. But he’s hiding the two things that matter most...a career-ending injury, and his broken heart. He’s been in love with Coco Stanley since she walked into his life at age fourteen, a foster child for the Marshall family. She stole his heart years later, when, after a secret tryst, she returned to her home country of Russia. But she won’t let him back into her life—and he can’t figure out why.

She’s harboring a secret that could cost lives...

Coco Stanley is tired of living her life undercover. Or at least, with an assumed name, always pretending to be someone she’s not. And that’s not the only secret she’s harboring. If Wyatt discovers the real reason she left him, it might just destroy him. She’s resigned herself to loving him from afar...

But when he discovers she’s in danger...

Wyatt is horrified when he learns Coco has been shot and left in Russia, her fate unknown. There is nothing—nothing—that will stop him from finding her. So what if he’s not one of his super-heroic brothers, not a Ranger, not a SEAL...Wyatt is a hockey goalie, a special kind of crazy brave. Except, is he brave enough to face the secret Coco is keeping, or will it destroy everything he’s hoped for?

What will it cost them to save her?

What Wyatt and Coco don’t know is that revenge is stalking her and bringing her home just might cost them their long-awaited happy ending.

Continue the breath-taking Montana Marshalls series!

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

Usually Wyatt, goalie for the Minnesota Blue Ox NHL team, could shrug off his mistakes.

Friday 56 (page 46/ 15%)

Admittedly, this wasn't exactly how York wanted to die.  Hand behind his back, his neck cinched tight in a noose that hung from one of the grimy overhead pipes, his feet balancing on the rickety arms of an old office chair.

My thoughts so far

I am so exciting to read this one and already got some twists and turns going.  I think I might know about some event which will happen (the author gave enough hints), but will see if I'm correct.

9 comments:

  1. I loved this one and am so glad to hear that you're enjoying it so far. Hope you have a great weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving this! If I could I would have given up sleep last night to finish this!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I accidentally signed out of Blogger...and then had to create a new password! So annoying!

    Now...on to your excerpts. Very intense. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my “FINLEY DONOVAN IS KILLING IT”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds super exciting!! Glad you're enjoying it.
    Here's my Friday post. Featuring J. A. Jance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been hearing good things about Wyatt and have to say I'm curious after reading the snippets you shared! It sounds like a fun read. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wyatt looks like a guy who can handle anything. I hope he helps save the day! My Friday Quotes this week are here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this one! I love the covers for this series!! So handsome! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, why is this mistake different I wonder. Here is my Book Beginnings: https://francebooktours.com/2021/02/26/lorigine-book-beginnings/

    ReplyDelete

Review: Flashpoint

Flashpoint by Susan May Warren My rating: ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’› I loved catching up with Emily Micah who I first met as a little gi...