Thursday, April 1, 2021

Book Spotlight Fridays! No Unturned Stone and Hope Between the Pages

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

So, this week I'm again spotlighting two books.  The first one I finished and I think everyone should read this series!  The second one is my current read and it is very interesting and I would love to read it every spare minute if possible.


No Unturned Stone



About the book:

But he did, and now ex-detective Rembrandt Stone is reaping the devastation of ignoring those words when he traveled back in time to solve the one case that had haunted his dreams.

Yes, he solved the crime. Yes, he saved lives. But Rembrandt returns to find the unthinkable has happened and his life has shattered.

There’s only one answer: break the rule again. Go back in time once more, fix what went wrong, save what went right, and yeah, in his spare time solve another brutal crime.

But it’s not so easy to change time, especially when time turns you into a target. And of course there’s the strong possibility if he goes again, he’ll never get back.

Get ready for your mind to be blown in Book 2 of the time-travel suspense series, The True Lies of Rembrandt Stone.

The continuing adventures of Rembrandt Stone from the creative minds of James L. Rubart, Susan May Warren and newcomer David Curtis Warren, writing as DAVID JAMES WARREN.

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

Just try and outrun your demons, I dare you.

Friday 56 (32%)

Enough.  She had to expunge him from her brain because her father was right.  He was trouble.  Trouble and adventure and mystery, determination and justice and wow...yes, maybe her father should be worried.

My thoughts so far

I'm loving this series.  It needs to be read in order though.  Every book is being released every second month and for me, that is too long!  Oh, and there is a special pre-order price valid until release day!

*************************************************************

Hope Between the Pages




About the book:

Uncover the Story Behind a One-Hundred-Year-Old Love Letter

Walk through Doors to the Past via a new series of historical stories of romance and adventure.

Clara Blackwell helps her mother manage a struggling one-hundred-year old family bookshop in Asheville, North Carolina, but the discovery of a forgotten letter opens a mystery of a long-lost romance and undiscovered inheritance which could save its future. Forced to step outside of her predictable world, Clara embarks on an adventure with only the name Oliver as a hint of the man’s identity in her great-great-grandmother’s letter. From the nearby grand estate of the Vanderbilts, to a hamlet in Derbyshire, England, Clara seeks to uncover truth about family and love that may lead to her own unexpected romance.

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

Any story that begins with a library is bout to be an excellent tale.

Friday 56 (23%)

I'd never been an admirer of surprises.  They usually came packaged in bad news, or that had been my experience, so when I entered the bakery where Lark worked, I wasn't exactly thrilled to find her engaged in an intimate relationship with a young man.

My thoughts so far

I'm enjoying this writing and both modern day and historical plot.  I want really want to figure out what Granny Sadie's story is!

*************************************************************


Do you think you would read these?

6 comments:

  1. A new book every 2 months? That's quite productive! I also love the beginning of 'Hope Between the Pages'. I hope you get plenty of time this week to read it :) I hope you have a lovely week and do drop by my Friday post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not that easy to expunge someone, but I like the description of the task. Enjoy! Here's mine: “BLOOD ORANGE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these books are on my wishlist. I can't wait to read them. They both sound awesome. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Friday 56 excerpt you shared for No Stone Unturned. I will have to give the series a try.

    Your second books sounds really good too. There's just something about those long lost letters being discovered.

    Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both sound good to me! :-) Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the opening line of your second book. Of course stuff that starts in a library will be good.

    ReplyDelete

Review: A Sugar Creek Christmas

A Sugar Creek Christmas by Jenny B. Jones My rating: 💛💛💛 A Sugar Creek Christmas had some fun, enjoyable mom...