Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Can't Wait Wednesday: Aftermath

Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that we've yet to read. Generally, they're books that are yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

I love Terri Blackstock and am super excited for her new book releasing May 11th:

About the book: Aftermath




Criminal attorney Jamie Powell will accept the consequences for defending her lifelong friend, Dustin, when he’s accused of setting the bombs that killed dozens at a local political rally. But she hasn’t seen him since he aged out of foster care, and he’s always lived on the edge. Can she still trust him?

As Jamie investigates his case and the people in his life, she realizes the facts coming to light could be devastating. Someone is setting him up . . . but proving it might destroy Dustin more than the accusation itself. Dustin overcame his childhood, but how can he overcome this? 



What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds good! It's new to me, I'll have to add it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! Love Terri Blackstock's books. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Terri Blackstock before and it's been a while since my last legal thriller. This sounds like it will be an intense read! I will have to check this one out. I hope you enjoy Aftermath when you read it! Happy reading, Sarita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Review: A Sugar Creek Christmas

A Sugar Creek Christmas by Jenny B. Jones My rating: 💛💛💛 A Sugar Creek Christmas had some fun, enjoyable mom...