Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Monthly Recap: January 2023

 

I first saw this monthly reflections idea on: Christian bookshelf reviews

January was busy with vacation and two birthday weekends.  We also tend to get to bed a bit later than usual, because we first swim each afternoon thanks to the summer weather.


What I've read:


(Reviews can be found under Book Review tag)


Kindle:




Audio:







What I would like to read in February:



Currently Reading:





Upcoming reads (hopeful):

I have a lot planned for such a short month!





Did I buy any new books?


Bought:

No! 🌟🌟🌟🌟

I was so good in January, though there is one I will probably buy in February which I plan to also read in February.




Did I read everything I wanted too?


No, I was hoping I was done with my paperback and non-fiction, as well as wanted to be done with the two ARCs which released February 1st:


I also have a lot of books I need to catch up on for a 18 month challenge which started Jan 2022 and ending June 2023.  When I joined the challenge I was thinking, 2 books a month is do-able, but then in a blink of an eye, I got behind (the crosses are the ones I got this month):



Also, another Goodreads challenge to try and read 20 of my TBR books this year - January I had no movement:




ARC/Netgalley update:


ARC/Netgalley books downloaded this month:


After having a great first half of the month where I downloaded nothing, January ended up being a bit steep with ARCs.  Luckily not everything is due in the next month or so:






ARC/Netgalley books read and reviewed:







How was your month?

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I see Irene Hannon in the mix and she is a new favorite of mine. Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great month of reading, Sarita! I did buy one new book in January, it came yesterday and I started it today :) Here is my monthly wrap-up: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2023/02/january-reading-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great month of reading! I purchased one book in January and have already purchased another book in February.

    ReplyDelete

Can't Wait Wednesday! Hunting Justice

Can't Wait Wednesday  is a weekly meme hosted by  Wishful Endings  that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that ...