Thursday, February 16, 2023

Book Spotlight Fridays! Cold Light of Days and Lethal Intentions


Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.  First Line Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading is my Superpower that asks you to share the first sentence of the book you're reading.

This week I am featuring two books. The first I just finished and really enjoyed and the other one I just started and actually surprised that it grabbed my attention so quickly.  The second is from a new to me author, so you never know if it will be a hit or miss.  


Cold Light of Day




About the book:

Police Chief Autumn Long is fighting to keep her job in the quiet Alaska town of Shadow Gap when an unexpected string of criminal activity leaves her with a wounded officer, unexplained murders, and even an attack on her own father. Despite her mistrust of outsiders, she turns to Grier Brenner, a newcomer who seems to have the skills and training Autumn needs to face this threat to her community.

Grier is in Alaska for the same reason so many others are--to disappear--when Chief Long enlists his help. He emerges from the shadows and proves his mettle, but his presence in her life could be a deadly trap for them both. If his secret is exposed, all will be lost. And he's not sure even Autumn could save him.

As the stakes rise and the dangers increase, Autumn and Grier must rely on each other to extinguish the deadly threats.

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

I never should have come.

Friday 56

This news...changed everything.

My thoughts so far

This was a great attention grabbing suspense.  


                                    ************************************************************* 

Lethal Intentions






About the book:

He’s a man on the run.

Undercover ATF agent Jack Spencer has been running away his entire life. His last assignment has him questioning who he really is, what he believes, and who he can trust. When his cover is compromised, and he’s injured, he must disappear in order to survive.

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

Undercover ATF agent Jack spencer lived by one hard and fast rule: Don't get attached. No exceptions.

Friday 56

She bit her lower lip. "It was. Especially when everybody in town knew about your parents and how they made money."

My thoughts so far

This one grabbed my attention quickly, and made me read longer than planned.  I hope that remains throughout the novel.     


                                    ************************************************************* 

21 comments:

  1. I like the premise for both of these stories. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these sound good with good teasers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoping for a suspenseful reading weekend :-)

      Delete
  3. I've read many rave reviews for Cold Light Of Day! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how attention grabbing brief teasers can be, but both the ones you shared for Cold Light of Day were great and have me wanting to pick that one up and read it! Lethal Intentions sounds good too! I hope you continue to enjoy it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cold Light of Day sounds a little more intriguing than the second one, though both have a suspenseful feel. I've not heard of either but will check them out. Have a terrific weekend.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-11-1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to Cold Light of Day. I haven't seen Lethal Intentions before, but it sounds really good. I'll have to add it to my list. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are FLF twins - my first line comes from Cold Light of Day, too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading Memory Lane by Becky Wade.
    "After dark that night, Leigh returned from her long journey to bring him his medicine. Thank God, Jonah thought, when he heard her enter Remy's small house. She'd arrived with the good stuff."
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be reading Cold Light of Days soon. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cold Light of Day was super!

    My first line this week comes from The Last Chance Cowboy by Jody Hedlund:
    Chicago, Illinois. March 1871
    “ It’s a boy.” Catherine Remington held the squalling infant upside down by his ankles, making sure he didn’t inhale mucus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started this series last year. Reading book 2 soon!

      Delete

Can't Wait Wednesday! Hunting Justice

Can't Wait Wednesday  is a weekly meme hosted by  Wishful Endings  that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that ...