Monday, January 24, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-Me Authors I Discovered in 2021

 

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I've discovered 32 new authors in 2021!  So quite a task to select the top ten.  I will focus on those authors where I immediately added all their books to my TBR and also managed to read more than one book from (I might end up with more than 10):

Time Travel:



This author is actually a collaboration of three authors.  I devoured the 6 books they published in 2021: The True Lies of Rembrand Stone Series


Suspense:



I've enjoyed the Romantic Suspense books I've read and aim to read her backlist as soon as possible.


Contemporary:



After discovering this author, I've read a total of 5 books from her list in 2021.



After reading the first book by her, I've read another and added almost all of her books to my list.


Rom-Com:



I've only read one novella by this author, but hope to read more of her books in 2022.


Historical:


It is no surprise that my favourite genre is Suspense, so it is a surprise that I've found three new historical authors I added to my long TBR list.


Well, this is time-slip actually, but I really enjoyed the two novels I've read in 2021.



Her writing was beautiful and her heroes different but dashing!



I enjoyed her Regency mystery and looking forward to getting through her backlist in 2022. 




Male authors:


I always love discovering male authors I enjoy and can recommend to my husband:


After reading two of his two novels, I went and bought his first series straight away!



Secret missions and spies!




And what do you know! I managed to limit it to 10!

10 comments:

  1. None of these are familiar to me! So many authors, so little time...

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know! I still have a long list of authors still to try while I'm just adding to my TBR.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've heard of any of these authors.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/10-authors-i-discovered-in-2021/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of the best things about discovering a new author is realising their backlist is long which means there are so many more delights to discover from them! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of my faves on your list!! Great authors! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. Rachel Fordham is also one I've read this year.

      Delete
  5. I've not read anything by any of these authors. So many books so little time, am I right? Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/2021-reading-year-in-review/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I actually just read a book by Elizabeth Goddard a few nights ago (Present Danger) -- a random pull off the library shelf, never having heard of her before -- and I gotta say, I could absolutely see binge-reading about a dozen more. So fun! Luckily, the library seems ready and willing to supply.

    ReplyDelete

Can't Wait Wednesday! Hunting Justice

Can't Wait Wednesday  is a weekly meme hosted by  Wishful Endings  that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that ...