Thursday, December 16, 2021

Book Spotlight Fridays! Checkmate

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

I'm excited to reach the end, but also sad to have to say goodbye to Patrick Bowers: 


Checkmate






About the book:

In Checkmate, critically acclaimed novelist Steven James offers the final, chilling chapter in his bestselling series, The Bowers Files.

When a clandestine FBI facility is attacked, Special Agent Patrick Bowers is drawn into the vicious, ruthless story that a killer from his past is bent on telling the world.

Clues lead to long forgotten secrets buried deep beneath uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. Now, Bowers is caught up in trying to stop one of the most deadly attacks ever planned on American soil.

Smart, tense and full of mind-bending twists and turns, Checkmate explodes onto the scene, bringing The Bowers Files to a climactic and unforgettable conclusion.

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

He stood in front of the mirror, unsure he really wanted to remove the bandages.

Friday 56

It took me about fifteen minutes to find what I was looking for.

My thoughts so far

This thrilling series was one of my highlights in 2021!

*************************************************************

8 comments:

  1. Aaah I absolutely recognise that feeling of not wanting to let a book go but also desperately wanting to find out what happens at the end! I hope it lives up to your expectations all the way to the end and that you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been ages since I read this author. I need to try more of his work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will be writing a new thriller series soon!

      Delete
  3. I have not tried this author. Glad you are enjoying it! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/12/first-line-friday-30-behind-loves-wall.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first line comes from Proposing Mischief by Regina Jennings
    “When I told Pa I wanted to go to town, I didn’t mean the feed store.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing snippets!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Can't Wait Wednesday! Hunting Justice

Can't Wait Wednesday  is a weekly meme hosted by  Wishful Endings  that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that ...