Monday, May 17, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Titles That Are Complete Sentences

 

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

So I actually had to google and researched again what is required for a complete sentence. (English grammar was always a challenge since sentence structure was so different to Afrikaans - my first language.)  So hopefully the books I've chosen qualifies - if not - oops 😊, but at least you can see a few good books 👼.


1.  Extraordinary: The life you're meant to live


2.  Things I've never told you



























13 comments:

  1. Great list and English Grammar is a nightmare for native speakers - trust me, I teach it! This is my TTT for this week - an eclectic mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Will go check out your list.

      Delete
  2. I adore the cover for All That Really Matters. So pretty!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-book-titles-that-are-complete-sentences/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!!!! You speak Afrikaans!!! Whoop whoop! Jippie yea! Ek doen ook! Waar is jy vandaan? Ek weet ek was al hier op jou blog, maar hoe op dees aarde het ek dit gemis dat jy Afrikaans is? Wag, ek gaan nou eers gou op jou "About" info kyk.

    Great selection for TTT by the way!! Ek het sommer net bietjie pret gehad met 'n paar Mary Higgins Clark boeke.

    TTT - The new Mary Higgins Clark in 10 sentences

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, altyd lekker om n mede Afrikaans-sprekende te vind. Ek bly in Kaapstad, Suid-Afrika. Sal nou gaan loer na joune.

      Delete
  4. I had a little bit of trouble with this one too. I like Things I've Never Told You- mysterious and mystery- themed titles are often fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had trouble coming up with titles for this one too, I ended up dodging it altogether.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/05/18/top-ten-tuesday-316/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like your take. I almost went with One word titles

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks. This one your list made quite a few rounds on blogs: Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

      Delete

Can't Wait Wednesday! Love on a Whim

  Can't Wait Wednesday  is a weekly meme hosted by  Wishful Endings  that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about tha...