Thursday, May 20, 2021

Book Spotlight Friday! Justice Buried

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

I love stories about cold cases.  This one is interesting and I'm still to discover the motive.


Justice Buried




About the book:

In an effort to get her security consulting business off the ground, Kelsey Allen has been spending a lot of time up in the air, rappelling down buildings and climbing through windows to show business owners their vulnerabilities to thieves. When she is hired to pose as a conservator at the Pink Palace Museum in order to test their security weaknesses after some artifacts go missing, she's ecstatic. But when her investigative focus turns from theft to murder, Kelsey knows she's out of her league--and possibly in the cross hairs. When blast-from-the-past Detective Brad Hollister is called in to investigate, Kelsey may find that he's the biggest security threat yet . . . to her heart.

Crackling with romantic tension and laced with intrigue, this suspenseful story from award-winning author Patricia Bradley will keep readers guessing--and looking over their shoulders.


*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

It wasn't too hot for 10:00 P.M. in the middle of May unless you were about to climb over the ledge of a fourteen-story building in downtown Memphis..

Friday 56

Kelsey opened her mouth to explain, and a blood-curdling scream came from inside the mansion.

My thoughts so far

I have two, maybe three suspects.  The story flows easy and when I find time to open my paperback (I have two busy boys) I'm flying through the pages.

*************************************************************

9 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I last read a romantic suspense novel, and Justice Buried sounds good. I like the quotes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you're about halfway through a book and can make a solid case for about 3 characters being the suspect, it means the author is doing their job very well! I'll definitely check this one out! I hope you have a lovely start to the weekend and do drop by my Friday post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like romantic suspense--I'll check out this author's novel list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna know who was screaming in the mansion and why! Great quote!

    My Friday56 -https://www.thebutterflyreader.com/2021/05/the-friday56-duke-and-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, you've hooked me on another series. Off to find Justice Delayed.Hope you catch time to enjoy the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good one. I like the Memphis setting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intense and intriguing 56!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy a good cold case mystery/thriller too. This sounds like a great read. Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Review: A Dance in Donegal

A Dance in Donegal by Jennifer Deibel My rating: ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’› This was a beautifully written debut set in Ireland. ...