Monday, June 14, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Winter 2021 TBR

 

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.



So, here in the Southern Hemisphere, it is getting colder and I'm not really looking forward to the cold.  Before kids, I loved staying in bed, listening to the rain and reading, but now, when that internal clock kicks in, no matter how dark or cold it is, the boys are excited for the day!


So, here is some top ten books on my Winter read list, to provide me with that adrenaline rush for extra warmth when in reality I will run around two kiddies in the cold!


1.  Sidetracked

Brandilyn Collins is an author I found more towards the end of her career (meaning lots of books to catch up on and she hasn't published in years), and looking forward to getting back to some of her books.


This is one of only a few books I have left to read by Terri Blackstock to be completely caught up.


Kathy Herman is also a suspense author I'm still getting caught up on.  I hope to get to this series still in 2021.


I gave up on this series after I didn't really like the first book, but this series won a lot of rewards and I've enjoyed a recent book by this author, so will go back and retry this series.



I'm enjoying this series, and hope to finish the last two books still this year.


 This is another one of only a few books I have left to read by Terri Blackstock to be completely caught up.  With this author being one of my top favourites, it is one of those catch22 things - can't believe I haven't read it yet, but if I do read it, then I have to wait for when she publish new books.


I've seen a lot of great reviews about this book by another one of my top favourite authors, so I'm really hoping to get to this one soon.


I really enjoyed the legal suspense I've read by this author.  So looking forward to catch up a bit again.


I enjoyed book one and would like to complete this series soon.


10.  Vendetta

This series' place on my TBR needs to be moved up.



11 comments:

  1. I love the look of Two Reasons To Run. I love thrillers and suspense books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great list of thrillers... I find I can only read one or two before needing to switch to another genre for the sake of my tender heart!
    This is my TTT of the books I am currently thinking of getting to this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understand, I have a few contemporary/historical on my TBR when I need a more calm read.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love romantic suspense, too! I have mainly historical romance on my list this week. https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2021/06/15/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-summer-to-be-read-list/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a few I hope to read as well sometime. I'm trying to focus on books I've owned for a while now :-)

      Delete
  5. Judging by your list, I think I need to start reading both Terri Blackstock and Colleen Coble!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoy romantic suspense, you should definitely. Here is some of my favourites by Terri Blackstock https://moretoodiscover.blogspot.com/2021/06/author-discovery-terri-blackstock.html

      Delete

Can't Wait Wednesday: Vanishing Legacy

Can't Wait Wednesday  is a weekly meme hosted by  Wishful Endings  that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that ...