Monday, June 7, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved that Made Me Want More Books Like Them

 

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


Oh, there is too many options for this one, but let me try and narrow it down to books I have fond memories off, which lead me to other great discoveries:


1.  Redeeming Love

Before I picked up this book, I didn't even know a whole genre of Christian fiction existed.  A whole new world opened up... and since then I've read this quite a few times.


2.  Fame

Oh my, this was my introduction to the Baxters as well as Karen Kingsbury and my problem with buying books.  I couldn't find this series available at our libraries and thus started my habit of buying books.  I loved this series and other books by this author, though I do need tissues for most of them.


3.  Without a trace

This book was my introduction to Christian Suspense.  Before this I never knew this genre existed, and if you follow me on Goodreads or here on the blog, you will know I got hooked and it now my go to genre.


Oh wow, this supernatural story opened my eyes to a different type of story and I purchased most of the author's book since, though I still need to read them all.



5. Predator

Terri Blackstock won me as a forever fan with this introduction to her stories.  After I read this one, I went back to read all of her Suspense books and only have a few to still read...which I'm delaying because then I have to wait for her to release new books.




Oh, I never knew Military Suspense existed before I've read this series.  And now I'm forever hooked.



7.  The Pawn

I've seen a lot of great reviews on this series, but thought it might be overrated, but I did not know what I've been missing.  And currently busy catching up on this series.




I loved the humour, the romance, the banter and the suspense element.  Needless to say, a lot of similar books ended up on my Wishlist.




Oh, this story made me realise just how fun the regency era could be.




Before this I never knew how much fun time travel stories was and this series is one of the best I've read.




7 comments:

  1. My nieces have always been urging me to read Redeeming Love. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find more books like all of these ones soon!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-loved-that-made-me-want-more-books-like-them/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem is not finding them, but the time to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Steven James's newest book, and it wasn't too bad. The series you mentioned sounds like it could be just the kind of thing I'm looking for, so I'm going to check it out.

    Peretti is my favorite author, though I haven't read all of his books either. I'm slowly fixing that now. The Oath is my favorite, though there are several that I love almost as much.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so behind on Frank Peretti. Only on my 4th currently.

      Delete
  5. I love a good suspenseful read! :)

    ReplyDelete

Review: When the Day Comes

When the Day Comes by Gabrielle Meyer My rating: 💛💛💛💛 4.5 stars When The Day Comes was a time travel novel...