Thursday, December 17, 2020

Review: Legacy of Love

Legacy of Love Legacy of Love by Kristi Ann Hunter
My rating: 💛💛💛💛 

This was probably my second favourite novella in the collection The Christmas Heirloom Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations by Karen Witemeyer .

I just loved Sarah's quiet but strong personality and just the loving character Lady Densbury. Lady Densbury had so much wisdom and in her quiet way a humorous personality. Even though she was old, she never stopped living life and seeing adventure.

Lady Densbury nodded. “I’ve always loved the snow. It covers up all the ugly. Makes the whole world clean. I like that. I like to think that’s how God sees me, covered in a blanket of snow just like it is out there. Not a blemish in sight.”

This was a sweet, bit sad story but at the end I was left with a feeling of love and hope and more enriched with some of the spiritual wisdom Lady Densbury imparted.

Love God. Love family. Love life.”

View all my reviews

About the book:

When Sarah Gooding returned a valuable brooch to the elderly Dowager Countess of Densbury, she had no idea it would lead to a job as the lively woman's companion. Nor did she expect to admire the Dowager's youngest grandson so much, even though the difference in their stations means nothing will ever come of her daydreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't Wait Wednesday! Hunting Justice

Can't Wait Wednesday  is a weekly meme hosted by  Wishful Endings  that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that ...