Thursday, December 3, 2020

Finding a new author

 What do you do when you find a new author you like?

Do you just follow them and buy any new books which is being published or do you go back to their backlist and read all the books they have published? 

I used to go back to the authors' published books, and read everything they published, or at least tried to.  However, since I've discovered Goodreads, knew authors are added like monthly and I just can't keep up!

The following authors, however, is still on my backlist catch-up list and it is a nice challenge to try and meet...if only some of them could write a bit slower!




For my suspense fix, my go to authors is Susan May Warren and Lynette Eason (both who I will probably always play catch-up too), Ronie Kendig (apart from her fantasy books I still need to get too, I only have 3 of her military suspense to read - 2021 here I come), Colleen Coble and Terri Blackstock (both I'm almost caught up on...almost.)

Suspense and Contemporary: Irene Hannon (almost caught up on her suspense but loads to get too for her contemporary and Contemporary Karen Kingsbury who I will be caught up on when I finish her latest Baxter family series.


Changing tactics:


So yes, I realised it might be impossible to read all the books published by authors I newly discover, so I just try to get to their list one book at a time.  Sometimes I'm lucky to find an author with their debut and then read every book published after that.  Lynn H BlackburnNatalie WaltersDani Pettrey and Jaime Jo Wright to name a few.


Always hopeful:


As long as I will continue reading, I will try and conquer that backlist.  2021 is another year to try and tackle this!  Here is some authors I would like to get to:



Do you recognise some of them?  Whose list would you like to conquer in 2021?
And how comforting is it to know that while you are waiting for that next book, there is a huge variety on that backlist to choose from.😀

6 comments:

  1. I definitely want to read as much Charles Martin, Carrie Stuart Parks, Randy Singer, and Dani Pettrey in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy Singer I have to still try! But heard he writes good legal thrillers.

      Delete
  2. Also, I want to read my first Colleen Coble book in 2021. Which book (it can be a series) should I start with? One with great mystery and setting and characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed her Rock Harbor series. I think Abomination/Haven of swans was a favourite. Her Aloha reef series was also really good!

      Delete
    2. Oh even her new Series which starts with One Little Lie I really enjoyed.

      Delete

Can't Wait Wednesday! Hunting Justice

Can't Wait Wednesday  is a weekly meme hosted by  Wishful Endings  that spotlights and discusses the books we're excited about that ...