Monday, January 15, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday! Reading Goals 2024

 

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.




1. Buy less books - including downloading free ones! Try and limit to one a month...zero will be better. 😉

2. Review books - TRY to limit my monthly request to 2 a month - I love ARCs, but need to get to books I own!

3. Read 1 paperback every 2nd month - I would love to read one per month, but with time limits, 1 over 2 months seems more reasonable.

4. Read at least 2 kindle book per month I bought before 2024 - focus more on books I owned since 2019 and prior.

5. Read one backdated review book every second month - again, would love to manage 1 per month, but trying to be reasonable here.

6. Review my books as I finish them. My reviews got behind last year with the move to the Netherlands

7. Keep my Netgalley at 85%.  It is currently at 82%.

8. I love buddy reads, but I need to limit the amount I do each month - last year was the worst and I did not manage it at all. I will need to keep it to books I planned on reading and maybe 1 additional one a month.

9. Don't plan too much per month - with Dutch lessons and getting use to new routines, reading time is limited and I want to keep it to what I really want to read.

10.  Have fun reading while trying to reach my goal of 100 books - want to keep my reading goals simple. 1 Kindle book a week and 1 audio book a week with some paperbacks in between.

        

14 comments:

  1. " Buy less books - including downloading free ones! Try and limit to one a month...zero will be better. 😉" I got anxious just reading this - lol.

    I love free ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but ending up only read like 1% of the free books I download.

      Delete
  2. Excellent goals and they all sound doable!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to #1. I had been doing great, until this past week! WE will NOT talk about the free Kindle books I just downloaded, LOL! My goals are all very similar to yours. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck. I also downloaded 2 freebies already.

      Delete
  4. Excellent goals. We have a few in common. Good luck with these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying not to buy any books this year and just focus on reading the ones I've already got. I'm doing great so far, but it's only been 17 days! Ha ha. Good luck with all your goals!

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny, as much as I love reading, I rarely buy myself books. The majority of the books on my shelf now are from my husband spoiling me. LOL! He's sworn off of buying books for me this year, we'll see how well that goes.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/goals-for-2024-book-and-blog-goals/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky, my husband will not buy me books because he will say read first what you have :-)

      Delete
  7. These are great goals, Sarita. I do want to be better about reviewing the books I read in a more timely fashion. Good luck with your goals and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete

Review: Fear Has a Name

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes My rating: 💛💛💛💛 This is a new to me author and I would recommend him to fa...