Thursday, June 23, 2022

Book Spotlight Fridays! Elysium Tide

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

James R Hannibal was a new to me author discovered in 2021, but I immediately new I want to read any future works and also work on his backlist when I have time.


Elysium Tide





About the book:

"When the Royal London Hospital orders a top neurosurgeon and workaholic to take a week off in Maui, he stumbles upon a murder and becomes obsessed with finding the killer. His efforts confound and irritate local detective Lisa Kealoha, but once they join forces, they uncover a destructive plot that runs far deeper than either of them could have imagined"

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

Dr.  Peter Chesterfield watched his chief resident cut a three millimeter patch of flesh and muscle away from the boy's forehead above the eyebrow.

Friday 56

Usually.  But there's some barefoot Brit here claiming it's murder.

My thoughts so far

If I had unlimited reading time, I would have finished this one already!

*************************************************************

14 comments:

  1. I hope you end up totally loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Friday 56 made me laugh. Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, That Brit caused me a few Lol moments so far.

      Delete
  3. I've heard about this author but not read anything. Hope you love it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoy thrillers, you should enjoy his books.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great book.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/06/24/friday-56-quote-from-you-had-me-at-halloumi-by-ginger-jones/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I've got this one on my wishlist. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you found a new author and are enjoying this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a really interesting read! Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Hope you get more time to read it soon.

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) The weekend was productive on the reading front.

      Delete

Monthly Recap: April 2024

    I first saw this monthly reflections idea on:  Christian bookshelf reviews April had a few warmer days with some winter cold in between....