Thursday, February 10, 2022

Book Spotlight Fridays! At Love's Command

  

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

Another great story by Karen Witemeyer: 


At Loves Command





About the book:

Haunted by the horrors of war, ex-cavalry officer Matthew Hanger leads a band of mercenaries known as Hanger's Horsemen who have become legends in 1890s Texas. They defend the innocent and obtain justice for the oppressed. But when a rustler's bullet leaves one of them at death's door, they're the ones in need of saving.

Dr. Josephine Burkett is used to men taking one look at her skirts and discounting her medical skills. What she's not used to is having a man change his mind in a heartbeat and offer to assist her in surgery. Matthew Hanger's dedication to his friend during recovery earns Josephine's respect, and when she hears of her brother's abduction, he becomes her only hope for rescue.

Matt has stared down ruthless outlaws, betrayal, and injury, but when a bossy lady doctor crawls under his skin, his heart is tempted to surrender. And when she is caught in the crossfire, he may have to sacrifice everything—even his team—to save her.

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

According to the Good Book, there was a time for war and a time for peace.

Friday 56

"But I can't shake the feeling that something is off about this job."
Matt laid a hand on Wallace's good shoulder, a tickle of foreboding itching against his nape.
"Then I'm glad you'll be there to watch my back."

My thoughts so far

Like expected, I'm loving the Male Hero with his baggage and the dynamic female lead.  I'm only about 30% in, but enjoying it and have a feeling the danger element will soon speed up.

*************************************************************

17 comments:

  1. This one looks interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With that opening, I'm wondering if we are about to find out there is a third option besides war and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with that beginning, sounds like a great read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The excerpts are pulling me in. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “WITH LOVE FROM LONDON”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing your review of this one. I am still catching up on her back list but do think I will eventually get to this series as well :) I hope you enjoy it and have a great weekend! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/02/first-line-friday-38-time-to-love.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also still all over the show with her books. Still catching up and started 2 of her latest series :-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I am - was a bit of a slow start, but enjoying the banter between the horseman and can't wait to see how it will end.

      Delete
  7. Your book beginning has the Byrds song stuck in my head now. LOL I cannot hear any part of that particular Bible verse without thinking of their Turn! Turn! Turn! song. I hope you continue to enjoy At Love's Command. It does sound good! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been way too long since I've read a Karen Witemeyer book. I need to get caught up. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always fun stories. Thank you, enjoy your week as well.

      Delete

Review: Flashpoint

Flashpoint by Susan May Warren My rating: 💛💛💛💛 I loved catching up with Emily Micah who I first met as a little gi...