Monday, November 29, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Memories

 

Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 

So, growing up books was always a part of my life ever since I can remember.

Here is a few of my favourite memories:

1.  Fictional friends keeping me company over weekends and holidays so I was never alone.

2. Reading in the middle of the night while trying to get the baby back to sleep.

3.  Reading books next to the beach during summer holidays.

4.  During cold winter days, while it is raining, snuggling up with a good book.

5.  Reading my book in the parks of Philadelphia during the 5 months I lived there.

6.  Going to the library and having the problem of which books to take and which to leave for next time, because... there is a limit.

7.  Lying on a Mauritius beach, sipping cocktails and reading a book while hubby is nose-deep in his own book.

8.  Reading my first Lynette Eason, while sitting on a overland truck, touring Namibia and Botswana.

9. Book class discussions, because I could read.

10.  Reading for my small boys and seeing the love of books developing in them as well.

18 comments:

  1. I love these memories. Books fill in so many gaps and help create so many memories. Some bookish moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So many lonely days/nights filled with adventure!

      Delete
  2. Seeing the love of reading is so awesome, isn't it? One of my daughters was not initially a big reader but when that developed I was so happy!

    I love reading a good book on vacation as well, so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope my boys' love for reading will just keep growing.

      Delete
  3. Rainy day reading is the best!

    My post is here— https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/11/30/ttt-bookish-confessions/

    Happy TTT!
    Lori
    https://fiftytwo.blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially with a warm blanket and something warm to drink :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure anything is as wonderful as seeing your own children develop a love of reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Best! My son keeps asking when we can go to the library...even hours after we just came from there!

      Delete
  5. I love these memories. I love reading to my kiddos and other people's kiddos too! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/11/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-memories.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. And while I'm working he listens to stories as well.

      Delete
  6. Reading on the beach sounds like an amazing idea. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/ten-books-i-have-a-strong-emotional-attachment-to/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mauritius beach with a book sounds lovely.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you shared some of the places you read, and the memories associated with them.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/unusual-books-i-read-in-high-school/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't mind going back there and I totally forgot a few great places! Like on a train during our Europe tour pre-kids days.

      Delete
  9. I love seeing everyone's memories this week, it's so wonderful to see how reading has impacted everyone's lives!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/11/30/top-ten-tuesday-344/

    ReplyDelete

Book Spotlight Friday! Flashpoint

Book Beginnings and Friday56 Book Beginnings  is a weekly meme hosted by   Rose City Reader  that asks you to share the first sentence (or s...