Thursday, November 11, 2021

Book Spotlight Fridays! Saving Mrs Roosevelt

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

I'm enjoying this different WW2 series.


Saving Mrs. Roosevelt





About the book:

Meet Shirley Davenport, who joins the Coast Guard Women’s Reserve only to be sent to her hometown in Maine to foil a plot to harm the First Lady.

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

Shirley Davenport was a breath away from dying.
Of boredom.

Friday 56

In a world full of brokenness, Shirley had an opportunity to make something right.  She just had to figure out who in this town was playing her for the fool.

My thoughts so far

This story is captivating and I'm finding myself flipping pages.

*************************************************************

12 comments:

  1. I love the opening, you just immediately can feel her attitude but also her go-getter spirit! I hope you continue to be captivated by this one and that you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Stayed up way past my bedtime to finish it.

      Delete
  2. This sounds really good! Something that I will enjoy for sure. Thanks for sharing Sarita!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished A Picture of Hope, another Heroines of WWII book. Did this one have any scenes that might be hard for sensitive readers? My post: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/11/first-line-friday-25-songs-in-storm.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some, but towards the end. I think 4-5 pages in total. No detail though. Just general high-level description of events. I need to read A Picture of Hope. Hope to soon!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, a great intro to Shirley's Personality :-)

      Delete
  5. The cover and snippets pull me in! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for this one! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Book Spotlight Friday! Flashpoint

Book Beginnings and Friday56 Book Beginnings  is a weekly meme hosted by   Rose City Reader  that asks you to share the first sentence (or s...