Friday, December 8, 2023

Book Spotlight Friday! Don't Keep Silent


Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.  First Line Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading is my Superpower that asks you to share the first sentence of the book you're reading.

This book started suspenseful and sickness is the only reason I am not further into this story!


Don't Keep Silent




About the book:


Investigative reporter Rae Burke will do anything to find her missing sister-in-law, even if it means facing Liam McKade, a man who almost lost his life saving hers. A former DEA agent, Liam thought he could find peace at his Wyoming ranch, but he just doesn't feel at home anywhere anymore. When the reporter who blew his cover on an important investigation inserts herself back into his life, he's less than thrilled. But Rae's keen investigative skills have led her down the right path--and directly into the dragon's mouth--leaving Liam no choice but to protect her. As the danger increases, the past they both tried to flee catches up to them, along with the feelings they once had for each other.

USA Today bestselling and award-winning author Elizabeth Goddard plunges you into a fast-paced, high-stakes story of honor, forgiveness, and justice.



*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

Had we ever met, you and I, then you never would have loved me.

Friday 56

"He'll listen, Rae. He has to," Liam said.

My thoughts so far

Hope to feel better soon, so that I can enjoy the rest of the story this weekend.


   ************************************************************* 

4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. I've been sick for the past week so my reading has taken quite a dive sadly enough. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That opening sentence is confusing and perplexing. Is it talking about a third person? I hope it is just an intriguing opening. Hey, hope whatever has you in its grips will loosen up and return you to full health soon. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I hope you feel better soon! I recently got over a cold, so I understand the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are sick! I hope you are feeling better soon. I have read the first two in this series, not sure how I missed this one. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Fear Has a Name

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes My rating: ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’› This is a new to me author and I would recommend him to fa...