Monday, May 29, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Things That Make Me Instantly Want to Read a Book/NOT Want to Read a Book

 

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I missed last week's top ten Tuesday, so this week I am combining the two topics 😀.

5 Things that make me instantly want to read a book:


1. AUTO BUY favourite author.

2. A new author in my Favourite genre.

3. The next book in a series I am enjoying.

4. The Cover draws my attention immediately.

5. ALL my goodreads friends are talking about it!


5 Things that make me instantly NOT want to read a book:


1. It is PURE romance with the cliché plot - they meet, falls in love, misunderstand, break up, finally talk, happy in love again.

2. Includes subjects I am not comfortable with.

3. The cover is too steamy.

4. I tried the author before but did not like them.

5. My Goodreads friends did not rate it well.

6 comments:

  1. #1 for not makes me sad. But I get that the romance genre isn't for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the romance now and then, but sometimes the plot just irritates me because it is way too predictable.

      Delete
  2. I don't like when a book is purely romance. Its just not my genre of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the pure romance. I like contemporary romances, but the predictable plot isn't for me. I need something new and refreshing to keep me going. I had the breakups throughout the book, too. NOT NECESSARY.

    Here's my TTT <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with a lot of these!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/05/30/top-ten-tuesday-422/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover will either really interest me in a book or get me to bypass it altogether. Happy reading! https://readwithstefani.com/did-i-read-the-books-on-my-30-books-to-read-before-i-turn-30-list/

    ReplyDelete

Review: Fear Has a Name

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes My rating: 💛💛💛💛 This is a new to me author and I would recommend him to fa...