Monday, May 15, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Things Getting in the Way of Reading

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

This one should be fairly easy.😁  Here is 10 things which needs my time/attention, but I would rather be reading:

1. Work!  If only I can make my monthly salary by only reading....

2. Sleep - because yes, not every night can be a stay up and read night.

3. Being an adult - off course I would rather be reading than making food, doing dishes, cleaning...

4. Money - when I do not have the budget to buy the books I want to read right now!

5. Food - unfortunately we need to eat, and making food or buying groceries takes away reading time!

And now some fun things which takes a way reading time:

6. Bookstagram - spending too much time on what books I still want to read instead of reading what I have!

7. Family - spending time going on adventures with the family.

8. Running - I love running but it is 40-60min a day I do not have to read.

9. Series - sometimes my brain is just tired and I would rather just watch some series.

10. Reading to the kids...yes ok, it is reading...but not what I REALLY WANT TO READ NOW!


6 comments:

  1. Being an Adult truely gets in the way of reading. Here is my post-https://paigesofnovels.com/2023/05/16/top-ten-eight-tuesday-things-getting-in-the-way-of-reading-right-now/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Things get so busy as an adult!

    Here’s my TTT

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adulting really does suck. I remember those long, long summer days as a kid when all I did was binge books. It was soooo nice...

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to a lot of this. One of the reasons I quit running is because it took too much time. I didn't have time for anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listen to audiobooks whilst I run so I can read and run at the same time!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/05/17/top-ten-tuesday-420/

    ReplyDelete

Review: Fear Has a Name

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes My rating: 💛💛💛💛 This is a new to me author and I would recommend him to fa...