Monday, May 23, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Quote Freebie

 

Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

So, I don't always remember quotes and I'm not always good at highlighting and saving quotes.  But I do have a lot of quotes on Goodreads.  This time, I'm highlighting quotes I loved from Ronie Kendig.  Why only one author?  Her characters always has crazy fun banter and she drops them at exactly the right moment.  I wished I saved all the quotes I loved from her books, but here is some I could find - some of these might be more understandable to fans of Ronie Kendig:


1. Conspiracy of Silence

“About time someone dug that heart out of your butt”


“He might not like that she'd dated the guy once, but he didn't want him dead. Most of the time.”


“You can hide but you can't run”


"Great.  Tick 'em off.  Make 'em really want to kill you.  Nothing like a little added pressure."


“Information is a weapon, Use it.”


“I can't do love and marriage right now. I have to save the world first."


And the next few quotes is just some which made fans (including me) fell in love with the Metcalfe family

7. Soul Raging

"Don't give up on Leif so easily. He's a Metcalfe. We know the right road, even if it takes us a while to travel it."


8.  Stone

“I'm not known for waffles, punk." "Yeah, well, keep perfecting those skills - like tonight - and you will be.”


9.  Willow

“We've got trouble.

We're Metcalfes, when don't we?”



10.  Willow

“...I'm here. Use my skills."

"What exactly are those skills?" Cord asked.

"Whatever I need them to be."

This guy was definitely a Metcalfe”





14 comments:

  1. I don't know Ronie Kendig's books at all, but maybe I should take a look after a few of these quotes!

    Happy TTT!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great collection of quotes.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/10-most-recent-additions-to-my-physical-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read any of these, but the quotes sound fun!
    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of any of these books before but that first quote had me laughing 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her banter is great and always at the right time to break the suspense/heavy moments :-)

      Delete
  5. I still haven't read any of her books but I love the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the second one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not good at writing quotes down either. I love that GR has the quotes feature. I really need to make use of it! Ha ha.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, need to be better - but when I'm reading I'm so invested, not thinking about highlighting quotes.

      Delete

Top Ten Tuesday: Petty Reasons You’ve DNF’d a Book (Or reduced its rating. You don’t even have to say what the book was if you don’t want to!)

  Join in the  Top Ten Tuesday  fun!  Top Ten Tuesday was created by  The Broke and the Bookish  in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy...