Thursday, May 19, 2022

Book Spotlight Fridays! Three Missing Days

 

Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.

So excited to read the third book in the Pelican Harbor series, and hopefully finding answers on a lot of questions.


Three Missing Days






About the book:

The third book in a riveting new series from USA TODAY bestselling romantic suspense author Colleen Coble.

A shocking murder.

Chief of Police Jane Hardy plunges into the investigation of a tragic local murder, but everything in her personal life is unraveling.

Her son’s arrest.

Jane’s son is accused of manslaughter, and she has to decide whether or not she can trust her ex, Reid, in the attempt to prove Will’s innocence—and whether she’s going to trust Reid with her heart.

Three missing days.

With the recent discovery of her mother’s whereabouts, Jane learns not only that her mother stole something vital all those years ago but that she drugged Jane so she wouldn’t be able to remember. What happened in those three days could change everything.

It all started with one little lie. But the truth is finally coming out.

*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

"I know what you did."

Friday 56

Reid could imagine that scene, and it wasn't pretty.

My thoughts so far

This one started strong and the pace is fast!

*************************************************************

14 comments:

  1. Beginning with "I know what you did" tends to show promise for suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that opener. I need to get back to this series. I really enjoyed the first one. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this one and I hope you do as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the opening. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope you had a great weekend :-)

      Delete
  5. Intense beginning!! I wanna read this one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will have to look into this series. I haven't read a good romantic suspense lately and I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My go to genre and one of my auto buy authors.

      Delete
  7. I love Colleen Coble! Have a great weekend and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My first ever CF suspense was by her!

      Delete

Top Ten Tuesday: Petty Reasons You’ve DNF’d a Book (Or reduced its rating. You don’t even have to say what the book was if you don’t want to!)

  Join in the  Top Ten Tuesday  fun!  Top Ten Tuesday was created by  The Broke and the Bookish  in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy...