Monday, November 30, 2020

Review: Night Fall

Night Fall Night Fall by Susan Sleeman
My rating: πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

“She was dying, and it was his fault.”

With a first sentence like this, this story grabbed me from the start. 10 out of 10 for the author on the early twist. This was an exciting ride and I just adored the Byrd brothers who started their own protection agency. I just have a soft spot for a family series and finding a group of brothers a favourite due to their banter and need to be a hero mindset.

Granted, all five brothers who owned the agency had law enforcement experience, and two of the brothers had also served in special ops in the military.

I enjoyed the mystery of finding Harper's stalker, though some of the things he send I would say is more of an adult nature and thus probably more applicable to the mature reader. I also enjoyed the seriousness of the protection detail and the way it was described helped me "see" everything. The author also threw in a few twists and turns which kept me turning pages. I loved meeting all the characters in the Cold Harbor and Truth Seekers series which was thrown in this story and now want to read those series as well.

I also enjoyed Harper's journey back to God and how Aiden nudged her in the right direction.

“Because I know you, and I know God. You both have the same goals. You won’t give up until you find Him again, and He won’t give up on you either. He’ll keep after you until He gets your attention.”

Aiden was a typical oldest brother - he took all the responsibility on him and had quite a stubborn streak. I enjoyed his brothers' teasing and how they pushed him to stop being cautious, thinking he knows best, and take a change.

I will definitely continue this series. The next book releases in Dec with the other 4 books to be released in 2021.

*I won a copy of this book from the author. All opinions expressed are my own.*

View all my reviews

About the book:

She faces dangerous situations all the time…
Olympic downhill skier, Harper Young, knows what it’s like to look danger in the face. After all, she does it every time she races down a ski slope. She’s fine with that danger and even excels under the pressure, winning Olympic gold. And as a governor’s daughter, she’s familiar with receiving threats from the general public. But when a stalker turns his sights on Harper, she possesses zero skills to protect herself.

But she has no idea what lurks in the shadows.

Former Navy SEAL and ATF Agent, Aiden Byrd of Nighthawk Security is well versed in protection skills and knows the dangers she faces. Problem is, there’s an instant attraction between Aiden and Harper, and Aiden has to fight hard to remain professional. As the stalker grows bolder and tries to end Harper’s life, Aiden’s only hope in keeping her safe is to deny his feelings. Something that borders on impossible.


2 comments:

Top Ten Tuesday: Petty Reasons You’ve DNF’d a Book (Or reduced its rating. You don’t even have to say what the book was if you don’t want to!)

  Join in the  Top Ten Tuesday  fun!  Top Ten Tuesday was created by  The Broke and the Bookish  in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy...