Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Review: Falling for You

Falling for You Falling for You by Becky Wade
My rating: 💛💛💛

Rating 3.5

I am a bit conflicted with my rating. Mainly due to a great start which grabbed my interest, but somewhere along the line the story seemed to slow down for me and I found myself not that eager to grab it during my reading time. Even the mystery around the disappearance of Charlotte's aunt ended up in a bit of a let down (I was expecting a bit more of a thrill).

However, the author has a great talent with her stories and descriptions she provides. The more books I read by her, the more I appreciate her talent with words.

Corbin was about as trustworthy as a toddler with a permanent marker.

She didn’t need Vitamin D. That smile was sunlight to her.

I could relate to Willow, I am also quite a rule follower and did what was expected when I was younger. I could also understand her struggle to forgive and trust Corbin again. Corbin, I had a like-dislike relationship with him. Some times I loved his humour and especially how he was around his niece, Charlotte.

He knew he was in trouble. He’d been a beast on the gridiron, but he was a marshmallow where Charlotte was concerned.

Other times he came around as bit of a player, arrogant, overbearing and manipulative when not taking no for an answer. However, at the end of the book we finally saw his heart and he became real with his emotions and won my affections. I think his personality fit perfectly with Willow, to not see life so serious. And I loved his matter of fact believe in what God says.

“Why all the guilt? The way the chaplain explained it to me, once we ask God for forgiveness, we’re forgiven. Right?”

What I liked most about this story was the broken and realistic characters. Willow and Corbin made mistakes in the past, realised they are sinners in need of a saviour and that it is a daily decision and journey.

Lord God, make something beautiful out of our mistakes, in your time.

View all my reviews

About the book:

Famously beautiful model Willow Bradford is taking a temporary break from her hectic schedule to work as the innkeeper at her family's small-town bed-and-breakfast. She was enjoying the peace of her hometown, Merryweather, Washington, right up until she came face-to-face with Corbin Stewart, the man she loves to hate. A thoughtful rule-follower by nature, Willow threw caution to the wind four years ago when she entrusted her heart to Corbin--and suffered the consequences when it all fell apart.

Former NFL quarterback Corbin is forceful, charming, and accustomed to getting what he wants . . . except where Willow Bradford is concerned. Unable to forget her, he's never stopped regretting what happened between them. When their paths unexpectedly cross again, he's determined to make her give him a second chance.

When a decades-old missing persons case finds Corbin and Willow working together, they're forced to confront their past and who they've become--and whether they can risk falling for one another all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ten Tuesday: Petty Reasons You’ve DNF’d a Book (Or reduced its rating. You don’t even have to say what the book was if you don’t want to!)

  Join in the  Top Ten Tuesday  fun!  Top Ten Tuesday was created by  The Broke and the Bookish  in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy...