Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Review: You Don't Know Me

You Don't Know Me You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren
My rating: 💛💛💛💛 

To be honest, this story started with a bang, lagging a bit there in the middle, but ended strong for me.

The prologue and beginning was edgy, promised of suspense and grabbed my attention. But Annalise and Frank's struggle to relocate the Deckers or not felt a bit dragged out and I personally would have wanted a bit more action. There was also things I saw coming, but a few twists and turns I didn't.

However, this story had the same elements I loved throughout this series as well as future series which plays off in Deep Haven: Characters who is not perfect, who, like us, faces challenges in their daily lives and learns a few lessons in their relationship journey with God.

I agree. God does give second chances. And He does protect us—even fixes the unfixable. Especially when we stand firm in our commitments.

I think my favourite parts in this book was meeting John Christiansen who I loved in the Christiansen family series (definitely a series to read starting with I Really Do Miss Your Smile (Christiansen Family, #0.5) by Susan May Warren . I loved the wisdom he imparted to his close friend, Nathan. A lot which I could also take to heart.

Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be happy. And sometimes you have to find those happy places in between the pain.

There was a few times I did not like Annalise because of the way she treated Tucker Newman. My heart broke for this young boy who just wanted to fit in and be loved. I've already read his story in Light My Fire (Summer of the Burning Sky #1; Montana Fire #5) by Susan May Warren so knew what was waiting for him, but there was a few times I just wanted to take this broken boy, give him a hug and say everything will be okay.

Grace meant God knew her past and still offered her a beautiful future. An unbreakable happy ending.

This was a sweet story about God's grace and second chances. A heartwarming ending to the Deep Haven series, but not the end of Deep Haven. The Christiansen family series is also set in Deep Haven and coming in 2021 is a whole new Deep Haven series! Only You (Deep Haven Collection, #0.5) by Susan May Warren is a free novella which kicks of the new Deep Haven series.


View all my reviews

About the book:

To everyone who knows her, Annalise Decker is a model wife and mother. She's a permanent member of the PTA, never misses her kids' sporting events, and is constantly campaigning for her husband's mayoral race.No one knows that Annalise was once Deidre O'Reilly, a troubled young woman whose testimony put a dangerous criminal behind bars. Relocated through the Witness Security Program to the sleepy town of Deep Haven, Deidre got a new identity and a fresh start, which began when she fell in love with local real estate agent Nathan Decker. Twenty years later, Annalise couldn't be more unprepared for her past to catch up with her. When Agent Frank Harrison arrives with news that the man she testified against is out on bail and out for revenge, Annalise is forced to face the consequences of her secrets. Will she run again, or will she finally find the grace to trust those she loves most with both her past and her future?


This series is also available on Kindle Unlimited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ten Tuesday: Petty Reasons You’ve DNF’d a Book (Or reduced its rating. You don’t even have to say what the book was if you don’t want to!)

  Join in the  Top Ten Tuesday  fun!  Top Ten Tuesday was created by  The Broke and the Bookish  in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy...