Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read/Avoided Because of the Hype

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Here is books I've read because of the hype. Some were a miss and others was a major hit - links are to my reviews:

Lets start with the misses - these I rated 2 stars - there was just something that made me not like the book even though Goodreads ratings and buzz was high:

1. Never Miss



2. After She Falls



3. The Lady in Residence


The Hits - either new authors or authors/books I still needed to try - my reading experience matched the buzz and made me a fan of the authors work:

4. Cast the First Stone



5. The Pawn



6. In the Shadow of Croft Towers



7. The Lady and the Lionheart



8. Tussen Stasies



9. Saving Mrs. Roosevelt



10. Among the Innocent



5 comments:

  1. Ok, I have to admit I laughed when the first book under the "misses" category was called "Never Miss" xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Lady and the Lionheart, such a great book! Several of these I have not read and at least one is still on my TBR. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am clearly in different spaces than you. I've never heard of any of these before. Glad to see you liked most of them at least. I hope you have a great week.

    Here's my TTT if you wish to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2024/09/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-bought-because.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of these, but Saving Mrs. Roosevelt looks like one I may enjoy.
    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/lets-hype-these-books-ten-books-deserving-more-hype/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read AFTER SHE FALLS since it came out and was getting such positive buzz. Still haven't, though. Too bad it didn't work well for you. That's always disappointing.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete

Review: Within These Walls of Sorrow: A Novel of World War II Poland

Within These Walls of Sorrow: A Novel of World War II Poland by Amanda Barratt My rating: 💛💛💛💛 This is a s...