Friday, February 16, 2024

Book Spotlight Friday! The Irish Matchmaker


Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by My Head is Full of Books and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.  First Line Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading is my Superpower that asks you to share the first sentence of the book you're reading.

This is the second novel I have read by Jennifer Deibel and I really love the way she takes me along into the Irish world:


The Irish Matchmaker





About the book:


As daughter of a well-known matchmaker, Catríona Daly is no stranger to the business of love--and sees it as her ticket away from the sleepy village that only comes alive during the annual matchmaking festival. Enter Lord Osborne's son, Andrew, who has returned to the festival after being disappointed by a rival matchmaker's failed setup. Catríona seizes the opportunity to make a better match for the handsome man--and for herself!

Cattle farmer Donal Bunratty is in desperate need of a wife after loss left him to handle the farm and raise his daughter on his own. Shy and lacking the finer social graces, he agrees to attend the matchmaking festival to appease his daughter. But when he arrives, it's not any of the other merrymakers that catch his eye but rather his matchmaker--who clearly has eyes for someone else.

Catríona will have to put all her expertise to work to make a match that could change her life forever. Will her plan succeed? Or will love have its own way?



*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

The warning came far too late, and before Donal Bunratty could register what his daughter was saying, he was slammed into with the force of a locomotive.

Friday 56

What could he possibly be upset with her about?

My thoughts so far

I enjoyed this story and the sweet lessons learned.


   ************************************************************* 

4 comments:

  1. I would do a terrible job if I were a matchmaker. It would be nice to have one who was good at his/her job, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an interesting book. I don't read many books with matchmakers.
    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/02/16/first-line-friday-the-big-the-bad-and-the-aunties-by-jesse-sutanto/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I learn some sweet lessons from books. Glad you learned something from this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    I'm almost done with Calling on the Matchmaker by Jody Hedlund. I love this book!
    "He didn't know what to say, didn't want to probe, but he also didn't want to ignore her obvious distress. Rather than say the wrong thing, he stood silently and waited."
    Have a great weekend! 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete

Review: Fear Has a Name

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes My rating: 💛💛💛💛 This is a new to me author and I would recommend him to fa...