Thursday, February 1, 2024

Book Spotlight Friday! Fatal Witness


Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by My Head is Full of Books and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.  First Line Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading is my Superpower that asks you to share the first sentence of the book you're reading.

Patricia Bradley is one of those authors I discovered years ago and have followed ever since.


Fatal Witness









About the book:


As a child, artist and potter Dani Bennett witnessed the brutal murder of her parents. With no memory of the incident or her true identity, she was forced to take on a new name and a new life, hidden away in Montana for the past 25 years.

Mae Richmond has spent the same stretch of time searching for her granddaughter, who went missing the night her daughter and son-in-law were murdered. Convinced the woman she saw in a pottery magazine feature is the woman she's been searching for, she enlists the help of K-9 officer Mark Lassiter of Pearl Springs, Tennessee, who tracks Dani down.

Skeptical but curious, Dani sets out on a journey to uncover the secrets of her past and reclaim her true identity. But someone close to her is determined to keep the truth of what happened all those years ago hidden.



*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

The back door slammed, and nine-year-old Danielle Bennett jumped.

Friday 56

The shooter obviously had an automatic, as he fired in rapid succession.

My thoughts so far

The plot feels realistic, and I think I have an idea who the murderer is, but can also be wrong.


   ************************************************************* 

8 comments:

  1. Whoa. I wasn't expecting that quote on page 56. Why is there a gunner after her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great short little teasers. Sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to reading the first one and this one this month. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second teaser is quite intense! I hope you are enjoying it, Sarita. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Saturday! πŸ˜€
    I’m just beginning While the City Sleeps by Elizabeth Camden. I’ve only read chapters 1 & 2 so far, but they’re very pull-the-reader-in kind of chapters.
    “Keeping the forces of darkness and corruption at bay was a never-ending battle, but Jonathan would pay any price to keep his city safe.”
    I hope you have an excellent weekend! πŸ˜€πŸ“š

    ReplyDelete

Review: Fear Has a Name

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes My rating: πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’› This is a new to me author and I would recommend him to fa...