Friday, July 21, 2023

Book Spotlight Friday! Positively, Penelope


Book Beginnings and Friday56


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader and share a non-spoiler sentence or two.  First Line Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Reading is my Superpower that asks you to share the first sentence of the book you're reading.

I enjoyed the first book in this series. Stories which is told mostly through letters, texts and email.


Positively, Penelope








About the book:


Told mostly through letters, texts, and email, this contemporary romance will charm its way into hearts as Penelope rescues a theater and discovers her true self in the process.

Penelope Edgewood is practically positive in every way, so when, fresh out of college, she is awarded a paid internship to help save a century-old theater on the island of Skymar, she jumps at the chance. After all, a crumbling theater needs the special touch of someone who reveres all things vintage and adores the stage.

Unfortunately, not everything is as it seems at Darling House Theatre. Finances are in shambles, the local theater group is disenchanted, and the two brothers, Matt and Alec Gray, can’t seem to see eye-to-eye about how to run their theatrical business. So, of course, it’s the perfect place for Penelope to shine her own personal brand of sunshine.

With a little help from GK, the person emailing her encouragement along the way, she puts all her heart into helping the Grays save Darling House. But between Matt’s ever-present skepticism, Alec’s tendency to treat Penelope a little too much like the “princess” she thinks she wants to be (until someone actually started treating her that way), a grandfather who is stuck in his grief, and a mysterious person stealing Penelope’s marketing ideas, she’s not sure her optimism is enough to make a happily-ever-after of her own story, let alone The Darling House’s.

Between an adorable little girl, a matchmaker, a sea monster or two, and a copious amount of musical references, can Penelope draw enough confidence from her faith, her family, and her adoration of all things Julie Andrews, to find the thief and save the theater . . . without getting her heart broken in the process?



*************************************************************

Book Beginnings

Glad to know you'll be arriving in Skymar tomorrow.

Friday 56

My grandfather would call her a spitfire.

My thoughts so far

I still need to start this one but hope it will be my weekend reading.

                                    ************************************************************* 

6 comments:

  1. I love that 56, reminds me of my own Papa. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandparents used similar words as spitefire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't come across too many romances with a mixed media narrative. This story sounds cute too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this as from Net Galley but I pre-ordered and hoped that my book would be here before my review was due...nope...but I will be reading this one this week as well. I hope we both love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds great, but I still need to read the first one! I love Pepper Basham's historicals and really want to read this contemporary series.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Fear Has a Name

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes My rating: ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’› This is a new to me author and I would recommend him to fa...