Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I am not really someone who keeps great track of book quotes. So here is the last most recent quotes I saved/shared on Goodreads:

1. One Last Shot


“You can blame God,"..."and go it alone. Or you can trust that God loves you and that he'll carry you through the storm.”

2. Jonas


“God is in the storm. That though the winds blow and my life feels torn apart, if I can just trust Him, I'll discover Him at the center.”

3. The Land Beneath Us


“No matter what happened in my life, I could always find one good thing to enjoy -- a beautiful word, a sunset, a song.”

4. The Heart of the Mountain


“Maybe we can’t choose our hard, but I reckon we can choose how to live with it the right way.”

5. Sunburst


“You've always spent your life looking forward, the destination in mind. But faith is stepping forward without knowing the destination.”

6.  Echoes Among the Stones


“There was never a good time for Death to visit. There was never a time when Grief would leave.”

7. Thirst of Steel


“You can hide but you can't run”

8. Crown of Souls


“You weren't meant to fight this alone. On our own, we are nothing.”

9. Willow


“...I'm here. Use my skills."

"What exactly are those skills?" Cord asked.

"Whatever I need them to be."

This guy was definitely a Metcalfe”

10. Chasing Shadows


“Don’t hate them,” Mama said as if reading Ans’s mind. “They’ll win if we hate them.”

6 comments:

  1. On that ninth one, sometimes adversity forces the best of us to rise to the ocassion!

    I chose to go with recent Kindle highlights for mine.

    https://readingfreely.com/2024/05/14/top-ten-recentish-kindle-highlights/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quotes! Lynn Austin is a favorite. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing some great quotes!
    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/the-es-have-it-ten-titles-starting-with-e/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these quotes about trusting God, especially in our hardships and struggles. It's not easy to do, so thanks for the encouragement today!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome :-) Something I need to be reminded off regularly.

      Delete

Weekend Wrap-Up: June 30th

  It’s Monday! What are you reading?   is hosted by  Book Date . Some unplanned socials interrupted my planned reading time. Finished (Revie...