Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Review: Where the Last Rose Blooms

Where the Last Rose Blooms Where the Last Rose Blooms by Ashley Clark
My rating: πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

Oh, what a captivating southern dual-time story. The narrator pinned down the Southern accent brilliantly and I could see and feel the Southern Charm.

Both timelines were very enjoyable, but I think the modern story line spoke to me, mainly due the struggles Alice experienced in her relationship with God and not seeing healing as she wanted and prayed for.

This was a strong finish for the series and my favourite of the three stories.

*I listened to the audiobook on Scribd.*

View all my reviews

Review book 1: The Dress Shop on King Street

About the book:


Alice runs a New Orleans flower shop alongside her aunt, but thoughts of her mother, who went missing during Hurricane Katrina, are never far from her mind. After getting off on the wrong foot with a man who comes to the shop, Alice soon realizes their worlds overlap--and the answers they both seek can be found in the same place.

In 1861 Charleston, Clara is an abolitionist, unbeknownst to her father, who is heavily involved with the Confederacy. She attempts to assist an enslaved woman reunite with her daughter, and a dashing Union spy is just the person to help them. But things go very wrong when Clara agrees to aid the Northern cause by ferrying information about her father's associates--and her own fiancΓ©.

Faced with the unknown, both women across the years will have to dig deep to let their courage bloom.

2 comments:

  1. I need to catch up on this series!! I loved the first one and haven't read the rest, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the whole series, but the third was my favourite.

      Delete

Review: Fear Has a Name

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes My rating: πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’› This is a new to me author and I would recommend him to fa...