Monday, March 28, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: 21st Century Books I Think Will Become Classics

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I'm not really feeling this topic, so I think I would rather go with: Popular 21st century books I have not read and not planning on reading:

1.  The Harry Potter books.

2.  The Twilight series 

3.  Lord of the rings - I've watched the moves, and I don't know, not really 'moved' to read the books, though my husband do own the books.

4. The Da Vinci Code

5.  The Hunger Games

6.  The Help

7.  50 Shades of Grey series

8.  Life of Pi

9.  A Thousand Splendid Suns

10.  The Kite Runner


Why won't I be reading them?  Either I watched the movie and my interest is done and dusted or there is some personal reasons why I won't be reading it.  Luckily for me, there is a lot of books and authors in my reading taste which I still need to devour. 😀

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad I have some agreement on that one :-)

      Delete
  2. I read The Hobbit after watching the movie (many times, it's a fave) and... It was not at all what I expected. I was bored to tears 🥲 Still tempted to read the LOTR books but I might not end up doing so out of fear of being bored (again) lol. Great change of topic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe someday I will have uninterrupted time for LOTR and not other TBR books I would rather read.

      Delete
  3. Good for you for knowing your limits.

    As much as I liked The Lord of the Rings, they were very long-winded books. So seeing the movies and doing nothing else is totally fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey, I won't ever be reading those. I don't think I'll ever read Lord of The Rings either despite everyone telling me how great they are, they're too long for me.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/03/29/top-ten-tuesday-361/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way too long! I think the mere size and small print is the first hurdle to overcome.

      Delete
  5. There are many on your list that I won't be reading either. Here's my post: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/03/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-think-could-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll never read 50 SHADES (eeewwwwww), but I've read all of the other ones on your list except A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS. I enjoyed all of them, but different strokes for different folks and all that. Aren't we lucky that there are SO many books out there that we will never, ever run out of things to read? It's a pretty great "problem" to have!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. We are spoiled with great authors to fit our personal taste :-)

      Delete
  7. Some of these are on my not interested list too. I did finally read The Hunger Games after years of thinking I wouldn't, and actually liked it, but yeah- some books just don't appeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is just too many books I want to read.

      Delete

Review: A Dance in Donegal

A Dance in Donegal by Jennifer Deibel My rating: 💛💛💛💛 This was a beautifully written debut set in Ireland. ...