Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday! Reasons Why I’m Thankful for Books

 

 Join in the Top Ten Tuesday fun! Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

After almost two months of skipping TTT due to our moving countries, I think this week's topic is a great one to get back into it!




1. You can travel the world while sitting in the comfort of your home.

2. On long flights, you are entertained.

3. It is quality time with the kids.

4. No matter the language, the plot of the story is the same.

5. It is a way to calm down after a day of running errands and after the children.

6. Through Historical fiction, you can learn about life events in an interesting way.

7. That feeling you get when you sit down and open the cover of a new book.

8. It connects different cultures and worlds.

9. You discover and learn about interesting hobbies.

10. You meet interesting people, even if they are real or not!

4 comments:

  1. SO many great reasons to love books! I especially love that, like you mentioned, they help us relax after a long, stressful day. I primarily read for escape/entertainment, so I get that :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I love being able to travel through books because I can't afford to do it in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What country did you move to? That sounds really like a big deal. I hope you are settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! I always love meeting new people in fictional worlds!

    Here’s my TTT

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete

Book Spotlight Friday! Flashover and When Hope Sank

Book Beginnings and Friday56 Book Beginnings  is a weekly meme hosted by   Rose City Reader  that asks you to share the first sentence (or s...